Let’s reinvent the world together! At HP Inc. we are leveraging our 50,000 world-class employees and 76-year legacy of innovation, to engineer experiences that amaze our customers. We are looking for someone to join our HP ID Data & Insights team to help HP create better services and solutions technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
In this role you will be able to create a data fabric platform from scratch, delivering events to multiple components, and also enabling this our organization to deliver high quality data science projects. You will be the technical leader of a strong development team, delivering data integration components, performing data engineering, enabling analytics, and creating data science projects. In our team we automate as much as possible, using Terraform to manage our deployments. We do Continuous Delivery and we mean it.
- Performs analysis of complex functional and business requirements. Prepares code stubs for others. Completes code to implement solutions. Designs solutions for others to code. Participates in cross-functional teams. Leads design activities. May provide mentoring and guidance to other developers. Represents team to client/customers.
- Be able to develop and deliver data science projects/modules with relative complexity
- Identifies machine learning algorithms and methods best suited to solve specific business problem
- Builds robust code in Python in data science, data engineering, and ETL projects
- Collaborates with data engineering activities, including definition of schemas, business rules for data processing and extraction
- Demonstrates technical leadership and exerts influence outside of immediate team. Develops innovative team solutions to complex problems. Contributes to technical direction for teams.
- Integrates technical expertise and business understanding to create solutions for HP and customers. Mentors and consults with team members and other organizations, customer, and vendors on complex issues.
Knowledge and Skills
- Act as a technical leader of a team of developers
- Knowledgeable in agile practices
- Understands security and privacy requirements
- Strong Apache Spark skills
- Advanced knowledge of AWS services, including AWS Glue, EventBridge, and Lambdas
- Terraform and Terragrunt for automated infrastructure
Nice to have
- Some experience in cloud data lakes and data warehouse
- Experience doing DevOps on AWS
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or equivalent.
- Typically 6-10 years’ experience.
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you.
So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it's just who we are.
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive!