We are eQ8. Our mission is to help companies plan for the future in a way that is proactive, sustainable and socially responsible. We do this via our world-leading technology that allows companies to align their people to their purpose.
We know that people are the greatest asset of any successful company. And we believe in the same for our own people. We’re laser focused on building a product AND a company that we can be proud of.
Our team has a rich history in Strategic Workforce Planning and we are now two years into building the software to lead the way. We’re growing fast, post series A, with offices in Sydney, Australia & Austin, Texas and customers spanning the globe. With huge projected customer growth, we're building eQ8 to be the best people planning software on the planet and that starts with hiring the best people. It’s a great time to join the team!
At the heart of eQ8 is our Data Science team. They are the engine room behind our software - building our data strategy and architecture and analytics behind a sophisticated tool. We’re looking for a Data Engineer to design and build our data science experimentation platform. This includes designing and implementing the data flows and collection required to deliver our product roadmap.
Reporting to our Head of Data Science, you’ll partner with our Product, Engineering and Commercial teams, as well as listening and collaborating with our clients to achieve shared outcomes.What You’ll Do
Applying and championing data engineering best practices, you will enable efficient, governed, and scalable ingestion of data and transform it for use in advanced analytics applications. In this role you will:
What You’ll Bring
- Design and implement data extraction, transformation and data-loading architectures and solutions
- Research, select and apply the appropriate data engineering solutions to ensure data pipelines are optimised for consumption
- Support ad-hoc feature engineering processes
- Champion and apply data governance, documentation and data management best practices and maintain a high standard in the solutions delivered
- Lead the development and delivery of data engineering initiatives in an agile, pragmatic way, reflecting business needs, constraints and KPIs (e.g. time, quality, value & cost)
- Integrate data assets – you thrive developing, constructing, testing and maintaining data architectures
- Proficiency in data management on Microsoft Azure stack. Solid data engineering experience in other cloud stacks (AWS, Google) could also be considered.
- Previous exposure to Docker and container orchestration an advantage
- Working knowledge of Data Science and Machine Learning with some experience supporting Data Science use cases. You’re up to date on trends and tools that would enable the execution and productization of data science pilot projects
- Comfort designing efficient and robust ETL/ELT workflows, data modelling and data pipelines – batch and/or event driven
- Expertise in designing data solutions and creating solution architecture documentation
- A desire to learn and contribute to a talented, passionate and still-forming team. You take the initiative to learn new approaches and have the confidence to encourage us to try new things.
- Are energized by the idea of working with an early-stage business and evolving product. We’re not just looking for someone to run a playbook. We want you to help build it.
- A willingness to work with a global team and global clients. Internally we favour hybrid, which means you might work mostly from home, mostly from our offices on Sydney harbour, or a mix that works for you.
- You will live and breathe our values of impact, trust, velocity and optimism.
- You love data, but also love people! We connect People to Purpose, and this role is at the core of that promise
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We know a key ingredient to our future success is to build a team and environment that provides equal opportunities and a diverse mix of backgrounds, skills and perspectives.