Source is the leading provider of research, data, and insight to the world’s leading professional services firms. We analyse the way in which economic, business, technology, and behavioural changes drive how organisations use professional services, and the implications that has for professional services firms.
About the opportunity:
We are looking for a Junior Data Analyst to work within our growing data team with a particular emphasis on data analysis and visualisation. The data team sit at the centre of our business working on a range of areas across Source for both internal and external stakeholders. The primary focus of this role will be taking our client data, analysing it, and producing visuals; sometimes multiple visuals at a time, but there will be the opportunity to be involved in other areas of the business alongside the rest of the data team.
These are the things you’ll be expected to do:
- Data analysis and visualisation: Support analysts who are working on reports (in particular our client perception programme) or “bespoke projects” (consulting projects, basically), providing them with data, in a variety of forms, for those reports/projects.
- Data management: Take a lot of unstructured data from multiple sources (primarily surveys) and turn it into clear and accurate information that can be used by other analysts who are looking for the stories it has hidden within it. Take responsibility for the quality of the data we own, and look for ways to improve it.
- QA data: Ensure the accuracy of data in our reports before they get published/sent to clients.
There will also be the opportunity to be involved in data modelling: Transforming data from one format to another, carrying out mappings and maintaining all necessary documentation associated with design.
These are the skills we need you to have:
- Data visualisation: We need you to be able to think about how data is displayed and tell a meaningful - and clear - story. Experience of Tableau preferred as this is our data visualisation tool of choice, or experience with other visualisation packages such as QlickView/Power BI is desirable.
- Excel: We need you to be a highly proficient user of Excel, preferably alongside experience using relational databases (We use MySql).
- Statistical capabilities: We need you to be highly numerate and statistically literate, with a background in a statistical discipline. We’d like you to be able to perform cross-tabulation and linear regression analysis as required. Proficiency in another statistical package is desirable (e.g; Python (Pandas), R, Statista, MATLAB), as is the ability to experiment and add value when finding ways to best apply them across the business.
And this is the sort of person we need:
We need someone who loves data, and loves analysing it, but whose interest also extends to the way data is communicated to people (through charts, infographics etc) and can imagine new and exciting ways to do that. Being organised and methodical is critical, because errors can have a significant impact on the integrity and quality of the information we provide to our customers. Basically, we need someone who is resilient enough to wade through a swamp of data and emerge with information that is accurate, consistent and, above all else, interesting. Source is a fast-moving company, so you will need to be proactive in learning new skills and keep up to date on the latest developments in the data world.
We want our organisation to consist of people who:
- Are generous with their time in order to help each other (and our customers) succeed
- Take the wheel when needed
- Have a positive attitude
- Can always be objective and honest
- Keep an eye on the future
- Are always professional
- Have a sense of fairness
- Trust each other
- Ask, listen and hear
- Are approachable
- Are curious, and who want to learn
- Are constantly looking for ways to improve things (products and processes)
- Develop products we can be proud of
- Have an intuitive sense of what’s important
- Demonstrate leadership by example
- Laugh a lot
We offer a hybrid model of working so a mix of working from home and the office. Unfortunately, for this role we are unable to offer visa sponsorship.