PAGOFX, a fintech company of SANTANDER DIGITAL is looking for a DATABASE ADMIN/BIG DATA ENGINEER based in our MADRID office.WHY YOU SHOULD CONSIDER THIS OPPORTUNITY
Would you like to be part of one of the largest transformations the World is experiencing in the past several decades? In Financial Services, consumer expectations are rising, and technological advances are enabling amazing customer experiences and new businesses not possible before. The emergence of disruptive platforms as a business model has re-shaped other industries and is poised to do the same in financial services.
At Santander Digital we embrace this change. At PagoFX
we are experiencing every day the merger between bank and fintech worlds. We are on a mission to improve international financial services for individuals and SMBs around the globe. Our team members are coming from very different type of companies, including banks, tech companies such as Amazon, PayPal, Intuit or startups, and consulting backgrounds from McKinsey or BCG, among others. We believe in the power of diversity in backgrounds, nationality, gender and more. Our offices are in co-working spaces in Madrid, London and Brussels, with friendly atmosphere and informal dress code.
Santander is proud of being an organization where there are equal opportunities regardless of gender identity, culture and disability. Our mission is to contribute to help more people and business prosper.WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
As a Database Administrator
, you will you will take care of administrating the data, own the data governance and ensure the data quality at PagoFX
We need someone who help us in different fronts:
- End to end ownership of the data at PagoFX.
- Work with other teams to ensure data quality.
- Database optimization, migrations and monitoring.
- Mentoring developers about data best practices.
- Drive data governance efforts (data quality, consistency of information).
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Works within the Engineering team and reports to Head of Engineering.
RequisitosWHAT YOU NEED TO BRING
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors
- 5+ years of experience in database administration, taking full ownership of data environments and structure.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with stakeholders at all levels across functions.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience
- PostgreSQL, deep knowledge of SQL in general is required.
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Fluent spoken and written English is a must.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Proven experience working in Agile environments.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Flexible hours, vacations and work from home policy.
- Highly professional, multi-cultural and cross-functional team to constantly learn from.
- Bleeding edge international payments platform deployed to cloud to enjoy working on.
- Plenty of courses and professional trainings to keep on with development of personal and professional skills.
Join us in this transformation journey!Ubicación principal:
SANTANDER DIGITALFecha de publicación: