Your field of responsibility
An outstanding opportunity to join us as a Big Data Engineer to drive and build solutions for our internal customers within a big data platform. Studying fundamental and high impact business questions that directly affect the direction of the company and the industry at large. Design and develop applications, ETL solutions, build minimal viable products, carry out extensive validation with business experts and operationalize your methods. Your responsibilities include development, maintenance, and extraction of knowledge from strategic internal and external data sets, as well as manage documentation of data attributes and data sources in a concise way.
Your future colleagues
The Chief Compliance Officer function is a highly visible, dynamic area where you can be an integral part of the decision-making that supports the bank’s business. We drive strategic and sustainable returns, and offer risk, controls, and regulatory advice. You will join a team that is renowned for its dynamic and engaged culture. We believe our colleagues are our best asset. Become part of a highly motivated Data Science team at Credit Suisse. Join an international, demanding environment and work with us on the latest innovations in predictive analytics and visualization techniques to pioneer in building the state-of-the-art technologies. Become part of an open-minded team with a strong team spirit in a collaborative, dynamic, and flexible working environment. We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural value.
Your skills and experience
We are looking for a self-starter with demonstrable experience as an independent problem solver. You are willing to co-operate in a highly collaborative environment and contribute to the team's success while taking on additional responsibilities to become a respected knowledge carrier within the team. We expect you to be a results-oriented individual who demonstrates integrity, responsibility and confidentiality required for dealing with sensitive data. You will be a good match if you have:
- A university degree or equivalent education in IT or another technical specialization
- 2+ years of work experience as Software or Data Engineer, preferably in the financial industry
- Deep understanding and experience in software development, excellent solution architecture and technical design skills
- Python and PySpark proficiency, familiarity with object-oriented programming, and experience with analyzing big data sets from disparate sources, applying quantitative methodologies, and using computational frameworks and systems
- Hands on experience in building data warehouse applications on distributed computing systems, designing data pipelines, and querying structured data (SQL)
- Experience using Agile principles in small functional teams, with exposure to all phases of the systems development lifecycle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proficiency in English, German is an asset.
- Dedication to fostering an inclusive culture and value diverse perspectives
- Experience with Foundry from Palantir is a plus
Ms. K. Schlipfenbacher would be delighted to receive your application.
Please apply via our career portal.
Your new employer
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion with a deep sense of belonging for all of us. We will consider flexible working opportunities where possible. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.