Jacobs is hiring a Top Secret cleared Senior Data Scientist to support our government customer located in Vienna, VA.
The ITB Information Technology Applications and Data Division (ITADD), Enterprise Data Analytics Section (EDAS), Data Analytical Tools Unit 1 (DATU1) supports the TSC in processing all counterterrorism (CT) related Intelligence Information Reports (IIR) using a Natural Language Processing (NLP) tool. This position will support and enhance that processing.
The Senior Data Scientist will be able to:
- Accurately represent customer requirements, i.e. gather and interpret relevant data and information, using excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Analyze functional business applications and design specifications for functional areas and develop block diagrams and logic flow charts.
- Identify technical and administrative requirements for data transfer from FBI systems to National Security Agency (NSA) systems.
- Translate detailed designs into computer software.
- Test, fix, and refine the computer software to produce the required product and data transfer for downstream applications to consume.
- Prepare required documentation, including both program-level and user-level documentation.
- Apply NLP approaches to natural language understanding such as co-reference resolution, domain specific named entities, and relation extraction, to large quantities of unstructured text.
- Enhance, manage and operate software to reduce operating time or improve efficiency.
Education and Years of Experience
- Must be able to demonstrate working in an operational environment where priorities change frequently.
- Must be able to demonstrate expertise in information system design, including application programming on large-scale database management services and the development of complex software to satisfy design objectives.
- Must be able to demonstrate experience in building and training models in advance Artificial Intelligence (AI) architectures, such as recurrent neural network (RNN) and transformer based.
- Must be able to demonstrate experience in the state of the art NLP research and development.
- M achine Learning, Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Agile / Scrum required
- Expert in the architecture, design and delivery of complex AI/ML solutions to solve business and customer issues.
- 4 years of relevant experience in application programming.
- 15+ years total experience preferred
- Advance degree in NLP or related discipline, such as computational linguistics, machine learning, or artificial intelligence.
- MS or Ph.D in applied math highly desired
Requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk (90%). Requires sitting at a computer terminal for long periods of time (90%). There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work area walking moderate to long distances can sometimes be required.
Inside office/cubicle environment. Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers and all levels of management (100%).
Equipment and Machines
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, copier, and other general office equipment (100%). Ability to conduct evaluation of third and fourth generation or current state of the art computer hardware and software and its ability to support specific requirements, interfacing with other equipment and systems.
Attendance is critical. Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday through Friday. Being prompt is important to provide continuous and on-going service to customers. Attendance is important to maintain continuity of service. Work outside of normal duty hours may be required with as little as one hour advance notice. Overtime is infrequent, but important when required (1%).
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization. Must be able to obtain unescorted access to work areas. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.