With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Responsible for using experience and hands-on approach to provide analysis and expertise, working with Data Scientists and Data Engineers resulting in generation and consumption of data for various business initiatives on next generation data platforms.
What You’ll Do:
This role will be responsible for providing the data support for enterprise data integration tasks, including ingestion, standardization, enrichment, mastering and assembly of customer data products for downstream applications.
This individual has duties of analyzing the business requirements, working with various business and BT teams in identifying the data elements and preparing detailed specifications from which programs are written. Working directly with business partners, this individual will understand data requirements at an attribute level and develop business plans to use the information and work with architects to design efficient solutions. This individual will need to understand how implement requirement across the data assets lifecycle including business definitions, data quality and transformation logic and responsible to work with the Business, functional areas, and Technology to analyze the effects of process and technical enhancements that interact with the customer data from end to end.
How You’ll Do It:
- Provides leadership to create and enhance data solutions enabling seamless integration and flow of data across the data ecosystem while enabling Data Scientist to intelligently consume data resulting in business value; senior level data/technical consulting to peer data analysts during data application design and mentors Data Scientists in consumption of data; and technical consulting on data composition and use to data engineering when creating or enhancing data ingestion or processing frameworks.
- Be the bridge between Data Scientist and Data Engineering to enable data application development. Understand at a fundamental level our data ingestion and processing frameworks. Coordinates and obtains data application requirements from Data Scientists and other operational teams. Designs transformation logic in source to targets to be implemented by partner Data Engineers. Assist Data Scientists and Data Engineers throughout the development and testing processes. Coordinates data application/model deployments and validations between Data Engineering and Data Scientists.
- Utilizes your deep knowledge of in house data to assist Data Scientists in developing models, analytic processes and reports to drive business value. Provides guidance to Data Scientists in creating efficient and fast performing data consumption processes to meet service objects. Highly efficient in understanding logic implemented in languages such as python, R, and other analytics tools used by Data Scientists.
- Ensures proper data governance policies are followed by implementing or validating Data Lineage, Quality checks, classification, etc.
- Provides support for deployed data applications and analytical models by being a trusted adviser to Data Scientists and other data consumers by identifying data problems and guiding issue resolution with partner Data Engineers.
- System analysis of existing Enterprise Customer Data systems
- Collect metadata for all the Customer data attributes and identify the ownership of these data attributes.
- Provide subject matter expertise in the analysis and preparation of specifications and plans for development/modification of the processes.
- Act as project manager for projects where no overall technology PM is assigned.
- Document specifications in appropriate tool for use by ETL developers.
- Leverage knowledge of data warehouse data in order to work closely with business partners to determine and document requirements.
- Write SQL to extract data for ad hoc requests. Work with Data Modelers to make sure end results meet business needs.
- Provide status communication to stakeholders.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology.
- 8+ years Data analysis, business analysis, data application programming, ETL development, migrating to next generation database, or related
- In lieu of education, 8+ years experience in Data analysis, business analysis, data application programming, ETL development, migrating to next generation database, or related
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 2+ years Cloud experience #LI-BG1
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.
- 24-Hour Nurse Hotline & Telehealth Services
- 7 Paid Holidays
- Adoption Assistance
- Annual Flu Shots
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Work Environment
- Group Auto, Home and Pet Insurance
- Healthy Eating Program
- Legal Assistance Plan
- Mother’s Rooms
- Onsite Emotional Health Counselors
- Onsite Fitness Centers
- Onsite Weight Watchers at Work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Professional and Leadership Development Programs
- Recognition Program
- Service Anniversary Awards
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Annual Health Evaluation and Health Coaching
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Life and Accident Insurance
- Long-term and Short-term Disability Insurance
- Onsite Health Services Center with Nurse Practitioner
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Fixed and Matching Contributions
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Financial Engines
- “Financial Wellness for You” Learning Programs