The Bossard Group is a leading international supplier of product solutions and services in industrial fastener and assembly technology headquartered in Zug. Choose Bossard as your employer and benefit from attractive em-ployment conditions. To complement our Group IT team, we are looking for an experienced
DATA ENGINEER 80-100% (all genders)
As part of an international scrum team, you will contribute to achieve the common goals for the Data and Analyt-ics platform. You will play a key role in the development of the new created Azure Synapse Stack. You will be part and contribute to the digital and cultural transformation with regards to Analytics. High communication skill is expected for business collaboration to create high business value. You can count on modern Cloud technology as well as competent colleagues to optimally support Bossard in its growth strategy.
- Working in an international scrum team for the global Data and Analytics platform
- You will also work closely with the business to understand the needs and to develop groundbreaking solu-tions together with them
- If required, you consult the business on different options and realistic solutions. Therefor you need to have a general knowledge of a commercial enterprise and a high data understanding.
- Building and developing solutions from the source system to the presentation. This includes loading data, transformation, data modelling, visualization, and so on.
- Working together with other IT department will be important for understanding the source system and to create matching data flows
- You also challenge the team so that the working process and the architecture can be further developed with your input
- In a DevOps environment you will also monitor the systems and ensure the ongoing operation
- Bachelor of Data Science or a related discipline and some years of work experience as a Data Engineer
- Already worked in a scrum team (preferably as a scrum master) and therefore already incorporated the agile mindset
- High collaboration urges with the business and IT department. Also, to be able to lead meetings and work-shops.
- Experience in cloud platforms (preferred MS Azure)
- Working experience with a modern BI stack like Azure Synapse
- Hungry for new technologies
- Experience with big data technology (e.g.: Spark) and Data Science method (e.g.: Training ML-Models) is a plus
- Strong learning aptitude: ability and motivation to learn new technologies independently
- Good knowledge of relational databases (Microsoft SQL Server or similar)
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and IaC (Infrastructure as Code) deployment
- Excellent communication, visualization and presentation skills in English (German at B2 or higher a plus), able to communicate with technical and business audiences effectively
- Resilient personality with initiative and high social competences
- We are committed to inclusion and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This role can be flexibly located in one of the countries we operate in.
Are you interested in this sophisticated position to be a part of building the future for Bossard? Please contact Deborah Hürzeler or apply here. For further information please contact Michael Huwiler (+41 41 749 66 68).