It’s Time For A Change… Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving force that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, challenging ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely about 40% in year-over-year revenue growth in 2018 . Are we recognized? Definitely. We have been named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019, and One of the “50 Great Places to Work” in 2017 by Washingtonian. We recognize employees that live our values, give back to our communities each year, and are champions for bringing our whole selves to work each day. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
New Century Health merged with Evolent Health in 2018 and continues to lead transformative change in specialty care management as an Evolent company. Within the Evolent ecosystem of provider-centric solutions for value-based care, our New Century Health team focuses on cost and quality improvement for oncology and cardiology specialty care. With more than 15 years of proven results, New Century Health generates insights and drives cutting edge innovation through its clinical capabilities and deep understanding of health care informatics, physician management and health care technology systems development. Together, Evolent and New Century Health are harnessing the power of our combined organizations to improve the health of the nation. Join the New Century Health team and put your passion to work for transforming the U.S. health care landscape for patients, providers and payers.
Who You'll Be Working With
Our Technical team at New Century Health is looking for a Data Engineer to part of EDWBI platform team to help build Data Validation framework and related validation reports leveraging existing EDWBI platform along with regular enhancements and support for the core platform. The Data Engineer combines a passion for improving data quality and integrity and applies innovation and creative thinking to develop a continuous data improvement framework. The person should think out-of-box solutions to detect and improve data quality and ace in designing and developing software framework to support data quality processes.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Be part of core EDWBI platform development team engaged in designing and developing new software and database related applications leveraging current EDWBI software/data Platform.
- Enhancing EDWBI platform by adding new features based on continuous improvement of NCH Core systems.
- Designing and developing new prototypes and proof of concepts to solve NCH business problems using leading edge big-data applications.
- Assists with technology improvement activities to ensure continuous enhancements of core EDWBI platform
- Designing and developing new Business Intelligence reports for advanced analytics supporting NCH operations.
- Conduct presentations of the work where requested and participate in knowledge sharing sessions with others on the team
- Daily monitoring of data load processes to identify issues in data, collaborate with other team members across IT, Operations, and business functions to design and implement data quality improvement approaches.
The Experience You’ll Need (Required):
- Expert level T-SQL experience in writing/maintaining stored procedures and complex queries.
- Expert level Integration Services (SSIS) experience in developing complex ETL processes.
- Intermediate level SSAS (analysis services) experience to develop and support SSAS cubes.
- Intermediate level SSRS (reporting services) experience to develop and support operational reports
- Strong attention to detail, ensuring processes are followed and root cause remediation is planned and executed for each issue, and that actions are fully documented.
- Critical thinker with the vision to work both tactically and strategically.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, ability to modify communication style to match the appropriate level of the audience targeted, with strong understanding of the impact of a message on the organization or customer.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
Finishing Touches (Preferred):
- Healthcare industry experience with exposure to claims and patient clinical data (desirable)
- Experience with MS Master Data Services(MDS) and MS Data Quality Services(DQS) tools will be a plus.
- Experience with C#, .NET and VB scripting will be a plus.
- Experience in performance tuning databases and SQL statements
- Experience with Data visualization tools like Tableau or PowerBI will be a plus
- Masters Degree
Evolent Health is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.