About Activate Care:
Imagine if our healthcare system seamlessly coordinated care around all of our physical, behavioral, and social needs. With Activate Care’s cloud-based software, this is the new standard of care. Since 2012, we have worked with hundreds of organizations across the United States to improve how healthcare and social services are delivered. Now we need your help to achieve our vision of a more equitable society where all communities can seamlessly and proactively coordinate care for all people.
About the team:
You are going on a road trip across the country, but without any maps on a mobile phone. There is no turn-by-turn guide; let alone real-time traffic information. You would literally be lost on the road. That’s what millions of Americans are facing every day in their painful journey in healthcare. We want to fix this by providing a powerful navigation system that combines thousands of clinical and social services data sources; a system that learns from real-time data and guides you along the fastest path for your health destination. Join the Data Platform Team at Activate Care if you want to improve people’s health through data. The Data Platform Team is building the foundation for data-driven decision making. This team’s product is the data itself that is used both by our customers as well as internal teams. You’ll be working on building integration with hundreds of clinical and social services data sources. You’ll have the opportunity to be involved in designing next-generation data pipelines using Datablicks or Snowflake.
- Focused on quality - We believe in building the right thing and building things the right way. Our users need and expect tools that just work every time. We do not believe in shipping a code that even has a very minute level of nonconfidence.
- Remote-first - We’d love to see you in our headquarters in Boston, USA, but most of our engineering team works elsewhere.
- Dedicated to helping - Our product is about helping provide care to those who need it most, and we carry that ethos into the way we collaborate with each other.
- Systematic thinkers - We know the pain of working on systems built out of one-time kludges and hacks. We don't just want to build the thing that serves one set of end users and is alien to others. We thrive on making complex engineering computations look easily understandable to our audience.
- Should be able to program. Proficient at least in one programming language
- Interested in manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Interested in with SQL database design
- Interested in building and maintaining scalable batch data pipelines
- Collaborative working style. Supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
Nice to haves:
- Experience in manipulating large datasets
- Experience in Python, Ruby, or similar languages
- Experience in HL7/FHIR, or general healthcare
- Degree in Computer Science, IT, or similar field
Diversity & Inclusion
At Activate Care, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military, and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Activate Care believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
The Company will not sponsor applicants for work visas at this time.