We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor, we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people a powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your recruiter or our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.This is an exciting opportunity to join the Viator engineering team. Viator is a world-leading marketplace for experiences and is part of TripAdvisor, the world’s largest travel site.
The Viator team consists of world-class experts in SEO, usability, marketing, and of course, technology.
Bring your skills and enthusiasm to this collaborative team. The role will see you implementing our data strategy within our marketplace platform that connects tour operators, travelers and third-party distributors, including e-Commerce websites and multiple backend systems. You will work alongside our agile development teams using the latest technologies to deliver solutions in a fast-paced and complex environment. If you are looking to be challenged technically and have fun, this is the place for you!
On your first day, we’d love for you to have:
- Expertise and industry experience working with data warehouses, data lakes and reporting tools as well as SQL and RDBMs.
- Experience building data pipelines and streaming / processing large amounts of data to / from cloud environments.
- An understanding of CI/CD approach to platform builds.
- A history of researching and trying out new technologies.
- An understanding of software development fundamentals: testability, performance, simplicity - in essence, clean code.
- A passion for working within a team (we prize our team culture) and the ability to work more autonomously from time to time.
- Eagerness to learn our business domain (without understanding our domain, we can’t get information from our data).
- Solid experience with one or more prominent languages such as Java, Python, Bash, C#.
- Capacity to design and build architectures that perform under stress conditions and scale over time
- Industry experience with public cloud offerings (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Systematic and logical approach to problem-solving
It would be nice if you have:
- Experience leveraging machine learning to solve real problems.
- An interest or involvement in open source software.
- A degree in computer science or a related field (Science, Mathematics etc.).
- A love of travel is not required, but hey - why not?
- Experience with event driven architectures and message brokers (Kafka, SQS, RabbitMQ, etc.)
- Experience with containers and container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes etc.)
- Experience with NoSQL databases (DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.)
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at email@example.com .