The Machine Learning Engineer will help build, scale and maintain the development and production platforms for the ML & Data Science team within the Customer Identity Cloud product unit at Okta, where we tackle challenging problems across the AI and Data Science landscapes to drive value for customers and internal business stakeholders. As an ideal candidate, you will have familiarity (and potentially experience) with the lifecycle of Machine Learning projects, from model development to deployment, and should already have hands-on Devops experience on a Software Engineering or Data Science team.Responsibilities
- Help the Data Science team scale by building out a platform for training, deploying, and monitoring machine learning models in production
- Build pipelines to ingest data from myriad sources into a centralized data lake for use by Data Scientists
- Collaborate with production engineering teams to ensure that machine learning models integrate successfully into production environments while adhering to performance and availability SLOs
- Leverage observability and reporting tools to provide insights and metrics which track system and model performance.
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research, Engineering, Computer Science, or a related quantitative field
- Proficiency in SQL and at at least one scripting language such as Python
- Proficient with data analysis and modeling software such as Spark, R, Python etc.
- Knowledge of AWS Redshift, Snowflake or similar databases
- Willingness to work remotely in a distributed team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
Okta is an equal opportunity employer
- Fluency in a scripting or computing language (e.g. Python, Scala, C++, Java, etc.)
- Experience handling large data sets using SQL and databases in a business environment
- Proficient with scripting languages such as Python and data manipulation/analysis libraries such as Scikit-learn and Pandas for analyzing and modeling data.
- Familiarity with deployment tools and related concepts like continuous integration testing & deployment (bonus points for familiarity with ML-related ops tools such as MLFlow and Kubeflow)
- Familiarity with full AI/ML life-cycle from model development, training, testing, deployment, monitoring, and refining and iterating.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment and deal well with ambiguity, ability to self-motivate, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
((Colorado, New York, Washington only*) Minimum salary of $117,000/year + equity + benefits)