cultivate began out of a desire to contribute to the start-up ecosystem by providing a service that fills the void left by others; an approachable fit-for-purpose solution for founders and leaders in the tech sector.
Using innovative and collaborative approaches, we help emerging tech companies address hiring challenges and secure the best talent. And with an intimate appreciation that all companies have varying degrees of HR needs, cultivate offers a scalable and strategic approach to human resources.
Our client's vision is to reduce e-waste by saving electronics from premature death. This concurrently enables customers to save up to 70% on their favourite brands by having the flexibility to rent devices instead of buying them.
This company is one of APAC's fastest-growing start-ups, operating across 7 countries. We are looking for a hands-on Junior Data Engineer based in Singapore to help us generate actionable insights. Join a fast growing team as one of the company’s core team-members.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Building ETL and infrastructure pipelines using SQL/-like coding paradigms along with scripting languages such as Python, JS, and Shell script.
- Constructing enterprise level Data Lake/Warehouse and exposing the same to analytical tools.
- Optimising the setup for quicker access and lowest financial overhead.
- Training the team to access the data both in its raw and processed formats, thus ensuring data democratisation from an early stage.
- Wrapping up the data infrastructure into a CD/CI setup using open source tools.
- Assisting the analytically inclined members of the team in building dashboards by embedding data pipelines tailor made for such tools.
- Owning and maintaining the complete infrastructure by ensuring near 100% uptime and proper disaster recovery practices, including but not limited to version control and configuration management.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- BS degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or equivalent
- Minimally, 3 years of experience in data engineering.
- Significant experience in building and optimising data pipelines and data storage for Big Data.
- Significant experience in Python, REST APIs, and SQL.
- Significant experience in working with version control tools such as Git or SVN, process orchestrators such as Jenkins or Airflow, and project ticketing systems such as JIRA.
- Hands-on experience in taking product level decisions under AWS cloud infrastructure and solutions such as Kinesis, EMR, Glue, S3, Redshift, or the equivalent in Microsoft Azure (EventHub, HDInsight, Blobs, Data Factory).
- Proficient knowledge of configuration management tools such as Ansible.
- Comfortable in building pipelines from scratch with a rigorous work ethic.
- Ability to lead and access the productivity of a technical team.
- Ability to chair communiques with the non-technical of the company along with the Engineering division without any mediation.
- Preferably, experience in e-commerce.
Sound like you? Apply today! We can't wait to hear from you.