C1 Company Overview:ConvergeOne: 1 Contact, 1 Connection, 1 Choice
ConvergeOne is the foremost, single-source provider of advanced communications and data technology for business. That means if it's digital, we connect our customers to it - from phone systems and hardware to computer networks, application development, managed solutions and more. And we're 100% passionate with designing, implementing, managing and supporting our customers' every need from end to end, so that they can focus on what they do best.
So, when it comes to joining a team of IT and communications technology pros who are empowered to do what they do best, your best choice - your #1 choice - is ConvergeOne.Charged By Greatness video:
The Senior Business Data Engineer is responsible for the design, deployment, and maintenance of the business’s Data Analytics. The Senior Business Data Engineer will also implement strategies directed at acquiring data and promoting the development of new insights across the business. The Senior Business Data Engineer owns and extends the business’s data pipeline through the collection, storage, processing, and transformation of large data-sets.Responsibilities:
- Works with Senior Leadership on both stated and anticipated data needs
- Monitors the existing metrics, analyze data, and lead partnership with other Data and Analytics teams in an effort to identify and implement system and process improvements
- Develops queries for ad hoc business projects, as well as ongoing reporting
- Builds a metadata system where all available data is maintained and cataloged
- Provides significant input on the development of reliable data pipelines that translate raw data into powerful business analytics
- Implements, and supports key datasets that avail structured and timely access to actionable business insights
- Collaborates where s/he works closely with the business’s Data and Analytics teams, gathering technical requirements for exceptional data governance across the department and the business at large
- Provides analytical support where s/he develops and manages scalable data processing platforms that are used for exploratory data analysis and real-time analytics
- Oversees, designs, and develops algorithms for real-time data processing within the business and to create the frameworks that enable quick and efficient data acquisition
- Retrieves and analyzes data through the use of SQL, Excel, among other data management systems
- Builds data loading services for the purpose of importing data from numerous disparate data sources, inclusive of APIs, logs, relational, and non-relational databases
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or any other technology related field or 8-10 years of experience
- Demonstrates experience in building and maintaining reliable and scalable ETL on big data platforms as well as experience working with varied forms of data infrastructure
- Experience in data warehousing inclusive of dimensional modeling concepts and demonstrate proficiency in scripting languages
- Substantial experience and a deep knowledge of data mining techniques, relational, and non-relational databases
- Result-driven individual, be passionate and a self-starter, be proactive requiring minimal supervision, be highly organized, have an ability to handle multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines, be a creative and strategic thinker, work comfortably work in a collaborative setting, work comfortably with senior departmental leadership, and demonstrate an ability to remain calm during times of uncertainty and stress, inspiring the same in his team
- Masters’ degree preferred
Additional Information:Work Environment
Ability to handle multiple priorities and demands in a fast-paced environment. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Other Duties/ChangesEEO Statement
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities or activities that are required of a team member for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. At any point in time, the essential functions and primary duties associated with this position will be the principal, major or most important duties, responsibilities and activities that the employee is expected to perform as determined and directed by ConvergeOne.
ConvergeOne provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment opportunities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, and all team members will be treated with respect to their employment, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. For further details please view the Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htmOverview (Text Only):SummaryThe Senior Business Data Engineer is responsible for the design, deployment, and maintenance of the business’s Data Analytics. The Senior Business Data Engineer will also implement strategies directed at acquiring data and promoting the development of new insights across the business. The Senior Business Data Engineer owns and extends the business’s data pipeline through the collection, storage, processing, and transformation of large data-sets.