Join us as we work towards Microsoft’s mission of empowering every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. The Modern Life Experiences (MLX) team is expanding its global footprint and we need your help in bringing consumer products directly to the people who need them. We are agile team at Microsoft with the goal of developing consumer features for the modern workforce across surfaces and platforms. We work collaboratively and iterate quickly. We keep alive an inherently startup-like, risk-taking culture but we also take the responsibility seriously to carry one of the world's most recognizable software brand names - Microsoft. Our mission is to build customer-driven experiences that transform personal data into personal value and empower modern achievers and families to accomplish what matters most. By creating easy-to-use mobile and web experiences, we are helping individuals and families gain peace of mind, to ultimately allow them to focus on what’s most important: each other.
We are looking for a Data Scientist with passion and knowledge of creating solutions to fuel various user experiences in the product, to join our cross-functional data team. You’ll sit right at the junction of product, marketing and engineering to help us understand the current state of our customers, come up with hypothesis for improving the products and recommend models that enhance and personalize our customers’ journey with our products. This is a great opportunity to apply Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and engineering to have meaningful and visible impact on our business.
- Assess ML-based feature requests for feasibility
- Work with Product and Engineering to define end to end, ML Based solutions to enhance existing features or create new ones
- Provide comprehensive analysis of current state of the product, identify best data sets, Data Science methodologies, algorithms, tools and infra needed to generate models to support the planned ML-based investments
- Contribute to the implementation of the ML-based solution in the product, in all aspects of development (design, coding, code reviewing, unit testing, quality / security / privacy / compliance testing, etc.)
- Keep up to date with the latest advances in the field and apply them in the organization
- Understanding of statistical analysis, Machine Learning and Deep Learning techniques and algorithms / methods
- Strong understanding of productization best practices for ML-based solutions
- Experience with productization of ML-based solutions
- Experience with Software Engineering
- Managing priorities and stakeholder expectations
- Ability to communicate insights verbally, visually, and written
- Ability to collaborate with Product and streamline requirements in actionable deliverables
- 1-2 years of experience using analytics to solve problems, understand user behavior and drive business decisions
- Performing analysis, running models with large datasets using Python
- Experience with distributed computing and data pipeline (Hadoop/Spark etc.)
- Experience with in-product data collection and data pipelines
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.