About Blackhawk Network:
At Blackhawk Network, we shape the future of global branded payments through the prepaid products, technologies and network that connect brands and people. Our collaborative innovation and scalable, security-minded solutions help our partners to increase reach, loyalty and revenue. We believe our future holds great things for Blackhawk Network and its partners. We believe that together, we can shape the future. Our beliefs? Win as one team, be innovative, global excellence and be inspiring!
So, what are you waiting for? Shape your career and join our global network.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join the initiatives we are taking to improve the product offerings of Blackhawk Network, from the perspective of risk modelling and business forecasting. This is a great opportunity to join a team that is growing and truly providing valuable insight and recommendations to drive revenue and growth for Blackhawk Network.
Location: USA - Remote or Bay Area / Northern CA
In this role, you will be responsible fo owning the research charter for Data & Decision Science, to enable the business stakeholders to be data-driven and deterministic, by providing insights into the decisions at-hand and roadmap planning. You will join a team of Data Scientists providing mentorship and enabling a culture of 360-degree analysis of business, with ownership of the modelling environments and risk Engines. You will evangelize sound practices for prototyping of concepts, to fail-fast and/or keep continuum of persistent research.
You will collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams to solve real world data science problems by analyzing one-off questions and creating reusable solutions. You will collaborate with product, engineering, and operations teams to prioritize important questions and to provide scalable and reproducible solutions based on data. You will partner with software and data engineers to employ statistical and econometric modeling.
- Masters or PhD in Statistics, Decision Sciences, Applied Mathematics, Economics or Computer Science or the equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience.
- 10+ years of overall professional experience with 5+ years in data science, doing exploratory data analysis, testing hypotheses, and building prescriptive & predictive models.
- A strong background in advanced mathematics, in particular statistics & probability theory, data mining, and machine learning.
- Expert in feature engineering, experimentation with A/B testing, statistical modeling, causal inference, visualization techniques and machine learning to model complex, ambiguous problems to find opportunities, discover solutions and deliver actionable business insights.
- Demonstrated experience in creation, deployment, and performance evaluation of supervised and unsupervised machine learning models.
- Proficiency in both Python and SQL.
- Previous experience efficiently conducting research and creating on-demand reports.
- Experience handling large datasets, diving into data to discover hidden patterns, using data visualization and analysis tools.
- Strong Communication: ability to articulate clearly, navigate & adapt across different seniority levels
- Be passionate about collaboration to solve complex problem.
- Be eager to help teammates, share knowledge with them, and learn together.
- Fraud/Risk modeling experience
- Experience with econometrics
- Experience with production model development, implementation, and monitoring
- Experience in an Agile development environment
- Experience with AWS cloud environment
- Participation in Kaggle competition, open-source projects, publications in data science and machine learning domain
#LI - Remote
BHN provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, BHN will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.