We are Latana, an innovative product focused on capturing the $5 Billion+ brand tracking market. Put simply, Latana gives brands the tools to make better marketing and campaign decisions by giving them world-class insights about their brand performance. In its short existence, Latana has already started working with some of the hottest B2C brands, including Headspace, Transferwise, Unilever, and more - and we’re just getting started!
Latana is on the search for a Senior Data Scientist to join our team of data scientists, data engineers, and analysts.
The journey that awaits you
- In this role, you will be working in close collaboration with product managers and commercial leaders to develop predictive and prescriptive analytics solutions.
- Your contributions will have a direct impact on a thriving, state-of-the-art product, Multi-level Regression and Poststratification (MRP), that is revolutionising the way insights are extracted from survey data.
- You will steer innovation and put Dalia ahead of the race in competing on analytics and be the driver of game-changing innovation that enables organisations around the world to make better, data-driven decisions.
- Identify new opportunities to further enhance our Multi-level Regression and Poststratification model used for making estimations on public opinion research data. In the future you will also contribute to other advanced data science techniques, tackling exciting challenges in user attribution, fraud, and dynamic pricing.
- As our analytics leader of MRP, you will provide technical and methodological direction for ongoing and future initiatives. You will explore and evaluate new opportunities that can lead to creating competitive advantage and IP.
- Conceptualise and implement algorithmic solutions to challenging problems. This can include machine learning techniques, but also defining and analysing product use cases.
Your profile includes...
- An advanced quantitative degree - e.g Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or related fields.
- Several years of professional experience with a track record of bringing Data Science use cases into production.
- Demonstrable ability to develop data science products and work with large structured and unstructured data sets.
- Strong programming skills in Python and R. Experience in using a wide range of ML frameworks such as SciKit, Tensorflow, Pymc in production.
- Strong inner drive to get things done: you’re not waiting for others to manage or tell you what to do, you are self-driven and an internal change-maker.
- Quality ambassador: you combine an obsession with research quality with a highly pragmatic prioritisation of tasks to maximize your efficiency.
- Organisational mastermind: you are able to manage simultaneous external stakeholders and projects with overlapping deadlines and requests.
What we offer
- A challenging, yet encouraging work environment
- The opportunity to contribute to the success of a fast-growing, market-leading product
- A yearly education budget to contribute to your lifelong learning
- A yearly stipend for use on either public transport or personal fitness via Urban Sports Club
- In-house coaching to help you grow personally and professionally
- A MacBook Pro and all the peripherals you need to succeed
- A beautiful office in Berlin-Kreuzberg (Currently remote with possibility to continue)
- Regular team outings on our two company boats!
Latana is committed to providing a respectful, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless of their gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, or religion (or lack thereof).