Lead Data Scientist - Credit
Oodle is one of the fastest growing fintech companies in the UK. Our technology is powering a revolution in automotive finance directly impacting people's lives by enabling the fairest, quickest and most customer-centric motor finance products available to car buyers in the UK. At Oodle we are working hard to disrupt the car finance market.
We are now looking for a Lead Data Scientist to help us take this to the next level. There is an abundance of exciting and challenging projects to get your hands on! If you love owning your work, love data and driving business outcomes then come and join us in our fun and exciting journey! You can be based in our Head Office, in the Oxford Science Park, on the outskirts of Oxford, in our London Office which is located close to Kings Cross Station or in our new Manchester Office based in City Tower. There will be a mix of working from one of these locations and working from home.
What You'll Do:
At Oodle we run cross-functional teams, and so whilst your day to day work will be supporting the Loan Processing (Credit) team, you will also sit in the Data Science function. The Loan Processing are all proudly owning the systems and decision processes that process loan applications and make accept/decline, pricing, affordability, and financial crime decisions. Data Scientists are central to the team and they own the development of all the decision processes that sit behind our loan process. As part of this job family you will be:
- Designing and deploying new credit decision processes using both statistical and machine learning methodologies to improve customer & commercial outcomes.
- Taking ownership of the customer acquisition funnel & new origination performance.
- Deriving insights from credit bureau and customer data, turning them into actionable plans and carrying out those plans out to the end.
- Communicating such insights and processes to different business partners, developers, operations teams, and management.
- Contributing to how the data analysis platform and technology stack is structured to suit the data science team in the future.
- Willing to go deep and try things out, be it potential new analytics; an opportunity with new datasets; new analysis techniques or new analysis-related tools.
Who you are:
- Hands-on experience in applying analytical techniques in in a consumer lending environment.
- A naturally inquisitive person who loves working with data to solve complex problems.
- Experience in driving new projects end-to-end, from design phase to production.
- Experience in programming in an object-oriented language, and/or experience with data analysis in Python.
- Successfully completed a quantitative subject to degree level or above.
- Experience of working within a credit risk.
- Experience of working with bureau data a major plus.
- Experience mentoring junior team members and managing other Data Scientists is a plus.
What you can expect from Oodle:
Oodle have a dedicated People experience team that are dedicated to making your time with us as safe, fun and productive as possible. There are no limits to the support you will receive at Oodle, but here are the main benefits and perks you can expect:
What we offer:
- 10% Bonus (Discretionary)
- Share Options for Top Performers
- Pension (9% non-contributory)
- AXA Healthcare with Family cover
- Death in Service Benefit (Salary x 4)
- Salary Sacrifice Electric Car Scheme via Tusker
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Oodle Academy - Full training and development.
- Flexible Working Policy
Perks and other extras
- Paid day off to Volunteer with our nominated charity – Rewilding Britain
- Seasonal social events - including OodleFest our summer party for Oodlers and their families.
- Mentoring scheme
- Lean In Circle
- Mental Health Support
About Oodle Top 100 Companies to work for in the UK 2020 and 2021!
Oodle Car Finance is changing the way people buy cars, by putting our customers' needs front and centre of the biggest retail market in the UK. We are bringing the used-car market bang up to date by building modern, digital, retail processes around what the customer actually needs. Although we primarily provide loans for our customers and link them up with some of the UK's best car dealers (in one rapid, blink-and-you-miss-it, digital procedure), that is just the start. Our ultimate goal is to make buying a car as easy as buying a t-shirt on Amazon. With a glove box full of powerful algorithms (and investment from some of the world's most reputable financial institutions) we have been building and developing a customer-first, fully integrated digital retail experience inspired by Amazon's one-click model. We're not quite there yet, but with our proprietary loan technology, machine learning, and Big Data infrastructure, we're shooting for the stars.
To help us achieve our ultimate mission to create a best-in-class consumer experience - where our customers reap the benefits - we are looking for exceptional individuals to join our team. Everyone at Oodle has an input on how we develop and how we change the game. We need outstanding people with buckets full of energy, desire, curiosity and a can-do attitude to thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment.
If this sounds like something you'd want to be part of, we'd love to hear from you.