Data Analyst, IIX Values
About Impact Investment Exchange (IIX):
IIX is the pioneer in impact investing and the global leader in sustainability. We have transformed the financial system so that women, the environment, and underserved communities are finally given value and a voice in the global market. Over the past decade, we have built the world’s largest crowdfunding platform for impact investing ( Impact Partners ), created innovative financial products such as the Women's Livelihood Bond and the Women’s Catalyst Fund, operated award-winning enterprise technical assistance programs such as IIX ACTS , and established an Impact Institute and Research & Advisory to build the sustainable investing market. To date, our work has spanned 53 countries , unlocked US$215 million of private-sector capital, and positively impacted over 87 million direct and household lives, and avoided over 1.2 million tons of carbon. The foundation of IIX's work is IIX Values , the world’s first impact verification solution for every organization, which effectively measures the social and environmental impact of an investment and gives value to the voices of the underserved. IIX has received numerous awards for its work including the Oslo Business for Peace Award, the ‘Nobel Prize for Business.’
For more information, please visit www.iixglobal.com.
About a career with IIX:
You will join a highly effective team that provides you with an unparalleled hands-on exposure to the Impact Investing and Social Finance space. You thrive in tackling development issues and excel in creating solutions using structured strategies and unprecedented programs that address and solve the world’s most pressing problems, from food security to inclusive finance to clean energy. You aim to become a global development leader who has a passion for international development and to get involved in work that makes a difference.
When you join IIX, you embark on a rewarding career where we are heavily invested in your professional development, as we will build on your strengths and help you gain new skills with training, coaching, encouragement, and guiding you in the right direction. It is a valuable addition to advance your career, providing you invaluable exposure to the rapidly growing impact investing space.
You WANT to instigate change.
As a successful team member, you should be:
- Mission-driven : Commitment to social finance and impact investing as a path to unlock society’s potential to affect social change is essential for a happy and successful tenure at IIX.
- Results-oriented : At IIX, we manage toward impact maximization and produce measurable returns. These results strengthen the ecosystem and transform existing realities by helping impact enterprises magnify their impact and scale.
- Resourceful : While IIX is a seasoned stakeholder in the impact enterprise and impact investing space in Asia, we pride ourselves on creating opportunities. Being resourceful and skilled at mobilizing human, financial and political resources to achieve IIX’s mission is a key part of the role.
Some of our clients include foundations such as the Rockefeller Foundation and Bank of America-Merrill Lynch Foundation, corporations such as Standard Chartered Bank and KKR, international non-profits such as Oxfam and World Vision, multilateral institutions such as the Asian Development Bank, UN Agencies such as UNDP, and government agencies such as USAID and Sida.
IIX seeks a Data Analyst to take charge of the business analytics requirements for IIX digital initiatives such as IIX Values. This will involve maintaining the platforms, conducting data extraction, extrapolating and performing data analytics to generate reports for future business strategies. The data specialist will work closely with IIX’s Impact Partners team, Knowledge Management team, and the Growth & Innovation team on maintaining the interactive, media-rich platforms for our stakeholders, creating new visualization tools for trends in the social enterprises' space, and organizing data from external providers for maximum efficiency.
The ideal candidate should be equally comfortable mining a dataset and distilling key takeaways for the broader team. You should be experienced in defining data inputs and building custom reports and dashboards to share data and insights for the organization. The candidate must be well versed in tag management (from strategy to implementation) and must speak “Analytics” as a second language so that the candidate is the main point of contact for all data analytics-related inquiries.
- Perform a wide range of analyses to produce meaningful insights that improve acquisition, utilization, engagement, and monetization across our businesses
- Work with cutting-edge tools, and being able to manipulate data to create meaningful data visualization, able to leverage cross-platform data and extract actionable business insights.
- Have a solid understanding of digital platforms and is able to develop analysis and reporting capabilities.
- Participate in product development by providing supporting data and user-friendly data visualization.
- Develop and maintain digital platforms navigation by categorizing content; funneling traffic through content.
- Design, architect, and develop data solutions to help business teams to make data-driven decisions
- Support end-users on ad hoc data usage and be a subject matter expert on the functional side of the business
- Employ statistical tools to perform data mining on large data sets
- At least a Bachelor's degree in Business Studies, Management, Arts, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or Engineering, Information Systems, or other related disciplines
- At least 3 to 4 years of working experience in data analytics
- Self-starter who also has a demonstrated ability to work successfully in a team environment, able to operate very independently with a high degree of ambiguity
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams, learn and apply best practices from other teams and always strive for high-quality deliverables
- Hands-on Experience tools such as Python, Presto, SQL/Hive and experience with Tableau or PowerBI or similar software, especially around data cleaning, transformation, and visualization.Knowledge of data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Good UI & UX working knowledge - ensure that all elements of the online user experience are optimized for improved usability with exceptional visual design
- Comfortable working with a large number of data from various sources
- Good project & process management skills
- Good communication skills in English, written and oral, is a plus
Submission: Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified candidates will be considered and contacted by a member of the IIX team for an interview along with a short skills assessment exercise. IIX is an equal opportunity employer.