IBM is continuously accelerating its digital transformations to help clients modernize their applications, address new markets and make investments in emerging opportunities through our hybrid cloud and AI strategy. Creating client dedicated garages are key to delivering rapid innovation and desired outcomes for our clients.
Our clients at IBM Garage leverage multidisciplinary Garage teams across Enterprise Design Thinking; Lean Start-up strategies; development, security and operations (DevSecOps) to create an entrepreneurial “fishbowl” to deliver outcomes faster than would otherwise be possible. If the thought of innovating at start-up speed with enterprise-scale excites you, IBM Garage is the right team for you!
As a Data Scientist in the IBM Garage team you will part of a cross-functional team that delivers a unique client co-creation experience to accelerate client transformation.
Your Role and ResponsibilitiesWho you are
What you will do
- You are a key contributor to a pre-sales Garage team ,partnering with client to understand business problems and propose solutions.
- You demonstrate strong business acumen and ability to understand business problems, formulate hypotheses and test conclusions to influence solution design.
- Contribute to co-creation of rapid proofs of concept and minimally viable solutions that demonstrate business value, leading to client investment in strategic solution .
- Translate business problems into leading-edge analytics solutions using consulting skills ,industry expertise and technical knowledge
- Deliver meaningful insights and predict emerging trends to inform business solution that optimize client value
- Apply Data Engineering techniques to gather ,prepare, cleanse and transform client data for analysis and AI automation ,including automating data pipelines
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Excellent understanding of machine learning and deep learning techniques and algorithms, such Deep CNNs, Optimizers, Feature Engineering, Transformers, etc.
- Experience handling large scale production datasets and understanding of related challenges and processes to address them
- Experience with common data science toolkits such as NumPy, scikit-learn, spaCy, Keras, PyTorch, etc. Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, DnamoDB, Cloudant etc and understanding of basic data wrangling techniques
- Good to have academic training in a quantitative discipline and /or a specialized degree in data science or analytics .
- Possesses relevant industry and /or business domain knowledge such finance or healthcare .
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Demonstrated experience in applying user centric approach to design and create compelling prototypes that lead to transformative change for the client
- Knowledge of a variety of modern application of data science, including machine learning ,optimization ,neural networks and /or artificial intelligence that can be applied to solve client problems
- Deep understanding of statistical machine learning models with Python or R to propose innovative solution
- Expertise in the use of cloud based infrastructure to manage the volume and veracity of complex data streams .
About Business UnitIBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Location StatementFor additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.