About this job
Are you a talented junior Data Scientist who would like to work at the cutting edge of the energy industry.
Bright Purple are working with one of the UK's most pioneering energy-techs. In a still new and rapidly changing niche, this organisation is advancing the novel and disruptive effective that AI and ML can have in areas such as demand forecasting, electrification, and green energy supply.
This is the chance to apply your understanding and expertise to real-time, real-world challenges. Your models, forecasting, and algorithms will play a significant role in price determination, sales operations, and the supply-side of major energy companies.
Because our client's work is so new and novel, all solutions and analytic capabilities are built in-house, bespoke - entirely custom and one-of-a-kind. So, you'll need to be prepared to design and implement your own algorithms and build your own models, determining the best technologies, libraries, and statistical tools to achieve your key goals.
To be considered for this role, you must have the following:
- 2+ years of commercial experience in a Data Science, Analytics, Modelling or ML role
- Time spent working with Python (various libraries)
- Experience working on SQL / NoSQL Databases
- BSc / MSc / PHD in Maths, Computer Science, or AI
- Whilst currently remote, the long-term plan will be to have all staff make regular trips to their Edinburgh-based office. Up to ~3 times a week in the office may be required, so ideally you will be in comfortable commuting distance from the City Centre,
Bright Purple Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.