Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Multicloud Management Platform (MCMP) is an integrated, single management and operations system that enables enterprises to consume, orchestrate and govern modern enterprise architectures. MCMP allows you to modernize and manage your infrastructure – across traditional, private cloud, and public cloud - securely and reliably.
The Data Science team is looking for a passionate and self-motivated data engineer. We are seeking a data engineer to work in a ground-breaking product that aims to be the best cognitive analytics product which gives tangible insights to our clients. This is a highly collaborative role where you will work cross-functionally with data science, software engineering, and product management.
As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and optimizing data pipelines and complex ETL processes on cloud data platforms (IBM Cloud, AWS, Azure, etc.), modern data concepts, data governance principles, data modeling, and architecture. Knowledge in applying other key technologies such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, etc., to solve business problems is a plus.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- BS with 2+ years of experience or MS/Ph.D in Computer Science or related quantitative field.
- 2+ years of experience in technologies covering areas like data integration, data ingestion, real-time streaming, NoSQL, and data warehousing technologies
- Software engineering skills with Jira / GitHub / IDE / Travis / GoCD
- Experience in Agile CI/CD Development with Microservices, Docker, Kubernetes, and DevOps
- Experience with cloud platforms such as IBM Cloud, AWS, Azure and GCP.
- Experience using ETL pipelines, data structures and data wrangling
- Programming languages: Python, Java, or R
- Understanding of ML, AI, Data Science
- Experience with data analysis, data quality and anomaly detection
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with Machine Learning Model Deployment and ModelOps.
- Experience with Deep Learning tools: Tensforflow, Keras
- Experience with MongoDB, DB2 or Postgres
- Experience with Data Visualization tools
About Business Unit“This position currently sits within Global Technology Services (GTS) Infrastructure Services (IS) or a shared services function supporting GTS.
Together, we will advance the vital systems that power the digital economy. Serving over 4,600 technology-intensive, highly regulated customers, including over 75% of the Fortune 100, our people will design, run, and manage the most modern and reliable technology infrastructure that the world depends on today.
We will work flexibly and in partnership with our customers to amplify business outcomes while always pushing ourselves to improve and meet all opportunities. Come join our team of diverse, devoted, and empathetic technology experts who are at the center of discovering what’s next.
Please note: The final decision if this position will transition from IBM to Kyndryl is yet to be confirmed.”
As announced in October 2020, IBM intends that its managed infrastructure services business of the GTS organization will become an independent company named Kyndryl by the end of 2021, creating two distinct and powerful market-leading companies.”
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Location StatementIBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM's learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.