Nystart is one of Sweden’s top 15 largest fintech companies. We offer sustainable refinancing solutions to consumers and we nudge them in the direction of debt freedom. We use advanced models and technical solutions with machine learning to generate deeper insights than what legacy banks and lenders can. We’re growing rapidly and expanding internationally.
We want to give everyone the opportunity of having a stable financial situation. Because sustainable household finances is the key to a stable economy and society. It is a great vision, but we are convinced that every human being can make a big difference. We, as well as our customers.
Our results speak clearly: We’ve already been highly successful in helping our clients improve their financial situations’, while creating strong value as a company and outperforming others.
We are looking to grow our Analytics team with more professionals to continue the development of our excellent credit scoring and insights engine, to solve complex challenges arising in the credit space and for the continued development of the company’s data driven decision making technology and processes.
For this job, and at our company, you should be curious, results-driven and open to change and challenges. You have a strong interest in understanding customer behavior generated data and the curiosity to understand underlying human behavior. You have experience in working with consumer credit risk with the help of various tools to protect a business from credit risk-related losses.
What you will do:
- Advanced modeling and development of technical solutions with machine learning as base.
- Develop and maintain our credit and risk reporting, monitoring and BI across the markets where we operate.
- Generate insights to steer loan origination, ensuring the desired right portfolio risk and characteristics.
- Proactively and effectively communicating with various stakeholders, discussing the root cause of trends, assessing their impact, and proposing solutions/optimizations.
Who you are:
- You have a background in the credit and/or finance industry in a role oriented towards data & analytics.
- You have a degree from a university in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics or Business.
- You have a couple of years of experience from a similar role in a financial services company.
- You are skilled at using analytical tools like R or SQL to analyze data and problem solve with the end goal of detecting trends and generate decision-making insights.
- You have an understanding of relevant programming languages (such as Java, Python).
- You’re tech savvy and have the ability to write rules for automated credit decisions.
- You are curious, open minded, driven and you take on responsibility.
- You want to succeed and perform, and you have a strong will to contribute to make the team and the company succeed.
Sound good to you? We are looking forward to your application!
Please send your application including credentials to Tim Bisander, VP Head of Analytics, firstname.lastname@example.org.