You will be part of Allianz Re’s ‘Data Office’ whose mission is to enable insights and informed business decisions based on trusted data.
In this role you will actively shape the global data strategy of Allianz Re and also Allianz. We offer a highly interesting, engaging and varied cross-functional and international work environment. You will use your data and (advanced) analytics capabilities to enable and shape analytical use-cases across our (re-)insurance business.
1) Understand all data related requirements of our business functions and ensure best support via an adequate Allianz Re data landscape including data related applications, reports and analytics.
2) Technical expert for all areas related to data management, data modelling, reporting and analytics solutions
- Conceptually own and continuously improve the reporting and data landscape of Allianz Re (including data sourcing, data related processes and systems, provisioning to all stakeholders,quality & governance framework, reference master and meta data management, tools and methodologies, advanced analytics)
- Design (interactive) BI solutions/dashboards and advanced data analytics assets for the benefit AZ Re, OEs and Group
- Cooperate with group departments to comply and contribute to central governance and architecture principles as well as projects concerning data.
- Strongly collaborate with the development teams of AZ Technology in order to facilitate implementation and testing
- Identify areas to increase efficiency and automation of business processes
- Perform ad-hoc analyses including data quality assessments
- Evolve global data standards and definitions in colloboration with stakeholders from AZ Re, OE and Group
- University degree or similar third level education ideally in (financial) mathematics, statistics, actuarial studies or other relevant technical field
- At least 10 years of experience in a data-driven role, ideally in the (re) insurance business
- Deep technical expertise in data and analytics, BI and dashboard design, databases, data modelling, application design principles (SQL, SAS, MicroStrategy, Power BI Know How is a plus)
- Conceptual abilities to translate business requirements into specifications for data related applications and reporting solutions
- Knowledge about actuarial and closing processes (IFRS17) and related data requirements
- Knowledge of reinsurance and primary insurance
- Experience in leading teams and global projects (functionally)
- Good communicator and presenter to all levels including board members and top management, able to explain complex concepts, models and results
- Positive can do attitude, service orientated, analytical and pragmatic
- Strong ability to collaborate across functions, organizations and cultures
- Excellent English in writing and speaking, German or any other language ideal
Allianz Group is one of the most trusted insurance and asset management companies in the world. Caring for our employees, their ambitions, dreams and challenges, is what makes us a unique employer. Together we can build an environment where everyone feels empowered and has the confidence to explore, to grow and to shape a better future for our customers and the world around us.
We at Allianz believe in a diverse and inclusive workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage you to bring your whole self to work, no matter where you are from, what you look like, who you love or what you believe in. We therefore welcome applications regardless of ethnicity or cultural background, age, gender, nationality, religion, disability or sexual orientation.
Great to have you on board. Let's care for tomorrow.
Note: Diversity of minds is an integral part of Allianz’ company culture. One means to achieve diverse teams is a regular rotation of Allianz Executive employees across functions, Allianz entities and geographies. Therefore, the company encourages its employees to have motivation in gaining varied skills from different positions and to collect experiences from across Allianz Group.