Salary Grade: 124
Location: Nashville TN
FT/PT Status: Regular Full Time
Days: Monday - Friday
Responsibilities / Essential Functions: The HRIS Analyst’s role is to examine and evaluate reporting requirements for various business units across the organization. This individual will use proven knowledge of specialized reporting tools to develop reporting structures as required. The HRIS Analyst is also responsible for proactively generating and compiling reports based on his or her findings, complete with recommended improvements to or new requirements for business processes, operational procedures, and their corresponding reporting structures. Under supervision, performs work that is varied and that may be somewhat difficult in character, but usually involves limited responsibility. Some evaluation, originality or ingenuity is required.
- Define the current reporting activities for the development of existing and future reporting procedures and models by charting existing processes.
- In conjunction with data owners and business units, develop models, procedures, and protocols for reporting in concert with company goals.
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing report procedures and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
- Develop routines and procedures for end-users to facilitate best practices use of reporting tools and applications.
- Communicate reporting changes, enhancements, and modifications verbally or through written documentation to management and other employees so that issues and solutions are understood.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed changes to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define reporting requirements and goals.
- Create prototype reporting models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmers.
- Work with application development staff to coordinate the creation and management of reporting structures.
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives for improving processes in reporting systems across the organization.
- Advise department and line managers regarding appropriate, effective, and efficient use of organizational reporting capabilities and functions.
- Liaise with various business groups in the organization to facilitate implementation of new or improved reporting processes.
- Oversee the implementation of reporting structures in regards to technical changes and change management.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new processes, and other post-implementation support.
- Develops and maintains an awareness of the healthcare information systems industry, contemporary and emerging technologies, and relevant laws and regulations related to assigned applications.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: • Able to exercise independent judgment and take action on it.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent understanding of the organizations goals and objectives.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Qualifications & Requirements: • Minimum three (3) years’ experience in HR Analytics or IT
- Bachelor’s Degree’s degree in a related field strongly preferred
- Experience in statistical and trend analysis
- Proficiency with computer systems and Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, Access required, Krystal, ACCPAC, TimeCenter, Sage HRMS