Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
With a sufficient timezone overlap with the team, we're able to hire eligible candidates for this role from any location in Australia and New Zealand. If this sparks your interest, apply today and chat with our friendly Recruitment team further.
We'd love you to join us!
Do you have a passion for creating products and insights with data? Do you love finding the next big 'aha' insight which changes the way a business thinks about their customers? Would you like to lead change with global impact at the HQ of the world's hottest SaaS company?
Atlassian is looking for Senior Data Scientists to join our team. We're looking for people with business instincts, creativity, and analytics mastery, who is passionate about applying these skills to guide smarter product decisions and, delight our customers.
As well as being an important part of a stakeholder team, you'll also be a valued member of the Analytics and Data Science team. Your peers will rely on your expertise and you will help build initiatives that keep Atlassian at the forefront of world-class in analytics and data science. You will report to an Analytics Manager.
In This Role, You'll Get To
- Work with partners and leaders to identify high impact opportunities for analytics, and align analytics & data science priorities with our stakeholder's strategy
- Play with our large volume of data to understand insightful trends and employ these insights to intelligently to improve user journeys and customer value
- Guide the measurement culture and understand the impact of our stakeholder's strategy; including designing and analysing experiments and feature launches
- Envision, scope, and build projects by collaborating with partners, customer research, data engineers and other Data Scientists
- Share your high-quality insights to multiple levels of leadership to build important decisions and shape overall company strategies
- Foster a world-class analytics culture, leading by example, through education and creation of self-service tools, to make a lasting change in how your partners use data to make decisions
On Your First Day, We'll Expect You To Have
- Experience applying your analytics skills to guide projects which have had demonstrated impact on strategic and product roadmap decisions
- Demonstrated communication through explaining complex concepts to diverse audiences and creating compelling stories
- Project management & prioritisation experience; preferably with Data Engineering, Product Management, Research and Engineering teams
- An Agile development mindset, appreciating the benefit of constant iteration and improvement. A very high bar for output quality, while balancing having something now vs. perfection in the future
- Expertise in SQL and proficiency in another data programming language (Python, R)
- Proficiency in at least one visualisation tool (e.g. Tableau, R-Shiny, Microstrategy, SAP Business Objects)
- A degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. statistics, mathematics, physics, econometrics, or computer science)
It's Great, But Not Essential, If You Have
- Previously worked in global teams and high-growth companies
- An understanding of the SaaS development, business model and metrics
- Built ETL pipelines using any tools or scripting languages
- Contributed to the broader data community, through meetups, conference attendance, open-source library contribution, or other roles
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Math or Statistics
More About Our Team
The Analytics teams at Atlassian is tasked to find insights and inform better decision making from our rich datasets across user behavioural, products and customer data. We aim to positively impact the way our stakeholders shape their roadmaps and better improve our customers experiences. The teams are collaborative across all departments with a high bar for rigorous analyses, having fun along the way.
We have multiple opportunities across the Data & Analytics team for Senior Data Scientists so please reach out if you are interested on hearing more.
Our Perks & Benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .