Entry Level Machine Learning Engineer
Toyota Connected's Labs team is looking for an Entry Level Machine Learning Engineer who will use machine learning and statistical techniques to help us create state-of-the-art solutions for non-trivial, and arguably, unsolved problems. If you are results driven, interested in how to apply advanced Machine Learning techniques, would love to work with vehicle telemetry data and video, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build solutions for challenging problems that directly impact the company's bottom-line, we want to talk to you.
- Work in a fast-paced Agile Scrum environment to assist in prototyping, designing, and implementing predictive models and algorithms to create real world solutions
- Use statistical, machine learning, and deep learning techniques to create scalable solutions and perform R&D to drive discovery of new generation products
- Execute full modeling life cycle including data cleansing, feature creation and iterative model selection
- Build scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analysis, model development, model validation and model implementation
- Write clean, maintainable code while complying with coding standards
- Stay abreast of developments in research methodology and changing technologies in the marketplace and proactively identify applications of these latest developments to improve existing methods
- Machine learning experience in grad programs, undergrad programs, research programs or internships
- You want to make things work. Coming up with creative solutions comes naturally to you and you're comfortable being set loose without a lot of direction
- You show a sense of ownership and pride in what you do, and you can make us believe you'll excel
- You can easily point to multiple activities and projects that demonstrate how you go above and beyond
- You're able to show empathy and work in a team environment
- You have programming experience in Python or other object oriented programming languages such as Java, C++, Golang, or Rust
- You are currently working on or have a Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related discipline; or have equivalent experience
- Experience in C++ or Rust is plus
- Deep learning experience is a plus
- Experience with NLP is a plus
- Experience working with Tensorflow or PyTorch is a plus
What's in it for you?
In addition to an excellent compensation and benefits package, you'll also receive:
- A Career Path that allows you to take your career to the next level.
- Annual $2,000 Training Budget to help you grow and develop your professional skills.
- Unlimited time off and flexibility for a great worklife balance. At TC you'll be treated like the professional we know you are and left to manage your own time and work load.
- Hybrid work schedule to allow for a blend of in office and remote work coming in June 2022!
- Home office stipend of $1,000 to help furnish an ergonomic remote office.
- Four months of paid parental leave. We want new moms and dads to have an opportunity to bond with their new little bundles of joy.
- Adoption Assistance of $5,000 for regular adoptions or $6,000 for special needs. We know adoption costs can add up, and we want to help.
- 401(k) with generous company match that is fully vested day one.
- Toyota and Lexus vehicle discounts to allow you to drive in style.
- Generous vehicle allowance for new and leased Toyota and Lexus vehicles. Scratch that vehicle payment off your monthly bills!
- Annual Patent-a-thons and Hackathons to embrace your superior creative thinking ability.
- Annual fitness reimbursement to help you balance your overall health without breaking the bank. We also have a Toyota Connected fit club that loves plank competitions!
- Free catered lunches when working onsite. We try to keep it healthy, but Fridays are cheat days, so you can get your carbs on!
- Two fully stocked Nespresso bars for your coffee and tea fixes.
- Stocked kitchens with healthy snacks including fresh fruit, almonds, mixed nuts, pretzels, trail mix, and flavored waters. Nobody is hangry here!
- No dress code! Come as you are. We know the smart people we hire don't need to be told what to wear.
- Free covered garage parking to shield your vehicle from those sneaky storms and to protect your buns from the Texas sun.
Who Are We?
Toyota Connected is a new company created to infuse the power of big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving a Toyota or Lexus is more personal, intuitive and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight, simplify and connect the lives of those who use our products. We believe this mobility revolution will empower our customers to use their vehicles in an array of exciting new ways. We support, celebrate and thrive on the opportunity to provide Mobility for All.
Making a connected life a more human experience takes humans from all walks of life. Toyota Connected celebrates and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces you regardless of your race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, skin color, age, disability, military or veteran status, big shot relative, or Instagram fame. Different makes us awesome.