CI Global Asset Management is one of the country’s largest investment fund companies. CI is known for its innovation and ability to adapt quickly to the changing needs of Canadian investors. It provides employees with a fast-paced and challenging work environment with opportunities for advancement. CI is part of CI Financial, a diverse group of financial services firms.
POSITION: Fund Data Analyst
LOCATION: Toronto, ON
STATUS: Contract (12 Months)
We are currently seeking a Fund Data Analyst to join our Portfolio Operations team. In this role, the successful candidate is expected to support the oversight of CI’s order management and investment book of record system and to assist in maintaining accurate and complete data used for on-going trading, performance and risk reporting requirements.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Maintain, review and reconcile daily the data (Security Master static data and prices for equity, fixed income, derivatives and alternative securities) in the Investment Systems including but not limited to multiple custodial feeds, vendor feeds, transaction processing, corporate action processing, pricing validation and adjustment.
- Provide support on security valuation operational tasks, performs analysis of price/value discrepancies for different investment products and derivatives as needed/defined by manager.
- Monitor changes or additions to fund list and coordinate corresponding updates to the Investment Systems.
- Ensure all internal and custodian compliance procedures are adhered to.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and collaborate with IT on testing and implementation efforts.
- Document changes in process/new process and provide team members with respective training
- Assist in generating additional supporting documentation where required to provide data support for POS (Prospectus information and Fund Fact Sheets), Web updates, and client and financial reporting requirements
- Assist in monitoring and reconciling of trades and cash/share collateral movements between custodians and brokers
- Provide support to Investments, Trading Desk and Portfolio Administration for the daily trading, domestic and foreign settlements and cash reconciliations
- Support weekly and/or monthly internal and external reporting requirements
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- 2-3 years of experience in the mutual fund industry
- Intermediate knowledge (2 – 5 years working experience) of investments; equity securities, fixed income securities, derivatives and mutual funds
- Ability to work with Investment book of record software: TripleA, Eagle or Bloomberg experience would be an asset
- Experience with BarraOne or FactSet would be an asset
- Completion of post-secondary education (Commerce, Finance or Business Administration programs considered an asset)
- Completion, or in progress, of CFA Level I or CIPM Level I
- Advanced in using Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Proficient in programing and data management; Python, SQL, VBA
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
Our dedication to the Employee Experience at CI is aimed at supporting, empowering and inspiring our talented team through:
- Recognition & Compensation
- Training & Development
- Health & Well-being
- Communication & Feedback
If you are a passionate, committed and dynamic individual, please submit your resume in confidence by clicking “Apply”.
Only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CI Financial Corp. and all of our affiliates (“CI”) are committed to fair and accessible employment practices and we are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodations in order to apply for any job opportunities, or require this posting in an additional format, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 416-364-1145 ext. 4747. If you are contacted by CI regarding a job opportunity or testing and require accommodation in any stage of the recruitment process, please use the above contact information. We will work with all applicants to determine appropriate accommodation for individual accessibility needs.
Posting Tags: IND#