Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales. Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities. Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
What you'll do...About Team:
This position is in the Data Engineering and Analytics team as part of GT3 under the Enterprise Business Services organisation.
Enterprise areas of Walmart like Global Responsibility, Corporate Affairs, Finance, Indirect Procurement, People Systems and others are in the midst of massive digital transformation. Our team is building data engineering and analytics products for these areas, dealing with challenges from gathering user data, developing data pipelines with data engineering best practices to load them into Data Warehouse/Data Lake as reporting layer and create insightful data analytics using various tools (Power BI/Tableau/Looker) to provide valuable data insights to business.
We use various AI and ML techniques to perform Prescriptive and Predictive analytics to giving more advanced and actionable insights. By leveraging these insights, businesses can save time and resources that would otherwise be spent on manual analysis efforts. Furthermore, these insights enable organizations to make more informed decisions, improve operational efficiency, and gain a competitive advantage in the market.What you'll do:
What you'll bring:
- Collect, analyse, and interpret large and complex data sets to provide data-driven insights across a wide range of divisions with the help of various reporting and visualization tools
- Use various analytics/visualisation tools to analyse data from various sources to generate actionable and meaningful insights.
- Develop and maintain data models and visualizations to support data-driven decision making.
- Use various AI and ML techniques to perform advanced analytics and work on PoCs and exploration of use cases.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand business requirements and develop solutions to meet their needs.
- Build custom dashboards and reports to track KPIs and monitor process performance and Conduct ad-hoc data analysis to support business initiatives and identify areas for improvement.
- Ensure data accuracy, completeness, and consistency through regular data quality checks and cleansing.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices in data analysis and process mining.
- Demonstrate high technical appetite to learn and adapt new technologies, passion for continuous improvement.
- Be comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty, and show eagerness to change the world in a huge way by being a self-motivated learner and builder
- Communicate recommendations to senior team members/business partners and influence future plans based on insights
About Walmart Global Tech
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in Data Analytics
- Expertise in visualization tools ( e.g. PowerBI/Tableau/Looker)
- Experience in programming languages such as SQL, Python, R, and SAS, which are commonly used for data analysis and manipulation.
- Solid understanding of machine learning algorithms, concepts, and techniques, such as supervised and unsupervised learning, deep learning, and reinforcement learning.
- Proficiency in programming languages, such as Python, R, or Java, and experience with machine learning libraries and frameworks, such as TensorFlow, Keras, or PyTorch.
- Experience in database management systems such as SQL Server/MySQL.
- Experience in data modelling tools such as ERwin, ER/Studio, or Visio, which are commonly used to create data models.
- Solid understanding of data modelling concepts such as entities, relationships, and attributes.
- Experience in one of cloud computing platforms (e.g., GCP, Azure)
- Experience in working with large datasets and data warehousing technologies such as Google BigQuery, Snowflake, Redshift, Teradata, Data Lake.
- Excellent with communications and stakeholder engagement
- Proven ability to work and deliver projects in agile methodology (SCRUM or KANBAN)
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world’s leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered.
We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.Flexible, hybrid work
We use a hybrid way of working with primary in office presence coupled with an optimal mix of virtual presence. We use our campuses to collaborate and be together in person, as business needs require and for development and networking opportunities. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives.Benefits
Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include a host of best-in-class benefits maternity and parental leave, PTO, health benefits, and much more.Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications:Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Arts, Finance or related field and 2 years' experience in data analysis, data science, statistics, or related field. Option 2: Master's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field. Option 3: 4 years' experience in data analysis, data science, statistics, or related field.Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Pardhanani Wilshire II, Cessna Business Park, Kadubeesanahalli Village, Varthur Hobli , India R-1718588