At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY DnA is the data and advanced analytics capability within EY Asia-Pacific, with over 500 specialist employees working across multiple industry sectors.
We implement information-driven strategies, data platforms and advanced data analytics solution systems that help grow, optimize and protect client organizations. We go beyond strategy and provide end to end design, build and implementation of real life data environments and have some of the best architects, project managers, business analysts, data scientists, big data engineers, developers and consultants in the region.
We are looking for a Data Engineer with SAS Viya skills within the DnA team in our Singapore office. This role is offered on a flexible full time basis.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Dedicated, innovative, resourceful, analytical and able to work under pressure
- Foster an efficient, innovative and team-oriented work environment
Skills And Attributes For Success
- Experience in ETL, Data Engineering, Scripting.
- Knowledge and experience in end-to-end project delivery, either traditional SDLC or agile delivery methodologies (or hybrid approaches)
- Experience in a delivery role on Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data or analytics projects
- Exceptional communication, documentation and presentation skills and stakeholder management experiences
- Experience in business intelligence, data warehousing/platform, and data strategy projects
To qualify for the role you must have
- At least 5 years’ experience as a SAS Engineer with experience in development and maintenance support
- Experience with SAS BASE, Enterprise Guide (EG), Event Stream Processing (ESP), Visual Analytics (VA) , Viya platforms (VI and VA) and Data Integration (DI) are required
- Minimum 2yr experience in SAS application maintenance and SAS Management Console (SMC)
- Minimum 2yrs experience in dealing large data sets in Greenplum / Hadoop / Oracle / DB2
- Dashboarding experience with tableau / power BI / SAS VA is desirable
- Experience in shell /batch scripting
- Application packaging and deployment experience across DEV to PROD environments
- Experience in maintenance reporting and managing change / service requests.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience in engaging with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Consulting experience and background, including engaging directly with clients
- Degree in Computer Science or IT or Business Analytics
What We Offer
EY offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your work experience where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements, where this may be needed, guided by our FWA Policy.
Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The Exceptional EY Experience. It’s Yours To Build.