Tenable is looking for a Software Engineer to join our Data Engineering team. Focused on designing, developing, and maintaining state-of-the art solutions for the data processing services within the tenable.io platform. As a Software Engineer on the Data Engineering team, you will have the opportunity to be part of implementing and maintaining highly scalable, highly reliable cloud-native microservices using modern technologies and programming languages.
- Work cross-functionally with other developers, UX designers, product owners and various Tenable teams to accomplish shared goals
- Promote clear and simple software design while actively driving the team toward better practices and solutions
- Promote high quality aimed at areas such as security, reliability, testability and maintainability
- Work closely with the Data Science team to automate innovative data science solutions
- Support a true DevOps / CICD software delivery model
- Drive innovation by contributing new ideas for our processes, tools, and technologies
- Continuously grow as an engineer and help your team improve
What you’ll need:
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or a directly related field, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Experience developing in languages such as: Java, Kotlin, Groovy, Node.js, Python, or Go, and a willingness to learn new languages as needed
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Spark, EMR, Hadoop, Kafka, Hive, Presto, Athena, Airflow
- Experience with relational and non-relational data stores
- Accountability for the behavior of your software in production
- Experience in working in an Agile team, and an enthusiasm for working collaboratively within and across product teams
- The ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- The desire to continuously learn and be exposed to new technologies
- Experience with Big Data processing within cloud environments, ideally AWS
- Experience designing and developing Restful APIs
If you’ve reached this point in the job description and feel you’re still not sure if you should apply…Just do it! We know there are no perfect applicants. You may not have 100% of all those bullets listed above - and that’s okay. If you’re feeling like you’re not going to fit in with our teams - that’s not ok. We're One Tenable which means however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we encourage you to submit an application if it’s a role you can be passionate about doing every day.
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels.