Big Data Engineer
At McAfee, we are building ground-breaking technology to help enterprises enable and accelerate the safe adoption of cloud services. MVision products help the world’s largest organizations unleash the power of the cloud by providing real-time protection for enterprise data and users across all cloud services.
The Big Data Engineer will be a creative, innovative and results-oriented person willing to go the extra mile in a fast-paced environment. Take ownership of major big data components/services and all backend aspects of the software life cycle in a SaaS environment.
The successful candidate possesses the excellent interpersonal and communication skills required to partner with other teams across the business to identify opportunities and risks and develop and deliver solutions that support business strategies. This individual will report into the Senior Engineering Manager within the Cloud Business Unit and will be based in Bangalore, India.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the role:
- Design, build, maintenance, and production support of big data pipelines and Hadoop ecosystem
- Recognize the big picture and take initiative to solve the problem and improve design.
- Being aware of current big data technology trends & factoring this into current design and implementation.
- Document architecture, design and present it to the stakeholders
- Identifies, recommends, coordinates, deliver timely knowledge to the globally distributed teams regarding technologies, processes, and tools
- Proactively identify and communicate roadblocks.
- BE, Masters degree in Computer Science, or related technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience
- Must have 2+ years of software development experience with large-scale distributed systems and client-server architectures and technologies such as HDFS/S3, MapReduce, Spark, Kafka/Kinesis, Hive, SQL and No-SQL datastores.
- Must have 4+ years of experience in Java and software design principles & patterns, unit testing, performance engineering.
- Must have experience in REST APIs, Spring Boot applications.
- Strong problem-solving skills and exhibits strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Experience with AWS CloudFormation, Cloudwatch, SQS, Lambda is a plus.
- Experience working with Linux operating system
- Experience working in the Agile environment
- Excellent communication skills
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.