Machine Learning Engineer
Granify is a rapidly evolving technology company at the intersection of e-commerce, machine intelligence and psychology. Our reach is growing exponentially; in the last year we processed more terabytes of data than in the previous five years combined!
We are building an industry-leading personalization and optimization platform for online retailers wanting to create a better online shopping experience for their customers.
We’re searching for a Machine Learning Engineer to join our platform team. While focusing on machine learning development, with our small, agile team you'll get a chance to design, build, and improve each part of our tech stack, while providing guidance and technical direction.
This position is full-time in Edmonton, AB, Canada. We welcome local applicants, as well as any Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or eligible international applicants willing to relocate.
What You'll Work On
As a Machine Learning Engineer with Granify you’ll:
- Research, design and prototype intelligent systems with the aim of enhancing online shopper experience.
- Productionize research prototypes into fully-fledged AI software that are ready to be delivered to our clients.
- Participate in active maintenance and code reviews in a large codebase, suggesting and implementing changes as appropriate.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest papers in artificial intelligence and machine learning to propose solutions for real problems in e-commerce.
- Build infrastructure to support the evolution of our shopper interaction toolset.
- Mentor other engineers, participate in code reviews, and share knowledge.
- Troubleshoot, test, and debug to your heart’s content.
- Passionate about finding elegant solutions to complex technical problems.
- Committed to mastery and craftsmanship in your work.
- Team-focused and people-centric, able to give feedback as well as receive it.
- Curious, constantly looking for better ways to build things and excited to learn about emerging technologies.
- Positive and personable - we're all tackling these challenges together!
- Able to communicate with clarity and brevity.
- 2+ years of real-world experience implementing Machine Learning software.
- BSc (MSc or PhD preferred) in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, or a related discipline, with (at minimum) graduate-level courses in machine learning, or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong research experience in machine learning, preferably in one or more of the following (in no particular order): reinforcement learning, natural language processing, recommendation and/or ranking systems, deep generative models, representation learning, AI interpretability, domain generalization, meta-learning, computer vision, deep neural network architectures.
- Proficient in deep learning frameworks like Tensorflow, PyTorch, etc. and scientific computing packages like NumPy. Able to implement an algorithm as described in an academic paper using these frameworks in quality code.
- Strong computer science background, with experience in object-oriented programming, systems design, data structures and algorithms. Proficient in Python and/or C/C++, with an interest in learning new languages.
- Familiarity with source control (Git) and Unix systems, including shell scripting.
- Good intuition for applying AI theory to make business-oriented products with minimal guidance.
- Communicate to introduce honesty and clarity (avoiding buzzwords and jargon) to experts in multiple disciplines. Demonstrate a mature understanding of the current possibilities and limitations of AI research.
Bonus points if you have expertise in:
- Evidence of academic publications in machine learning and/or computer science research.
- Experience in online advertising and/or marketing analytics, behavioural targeting and/or web analytics.
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment.
- Experience in using cloud solutions, preferably AWS.
- Experience in distributed and/or parallel programming.
- An active GitHub repository.
Working at Granify:
You’ll work closely with an incredible group of the smartest, most interesting, genuinely good people around. You’ll work hard, learn quickly, and have plenty of excitement. You’ll also get a first hand view into the rapidly evolving, exciting intersection of e-commerce, machine intelligence and psychology.
With our continued growth as a company, you’ll find limitless opportunities for growth, development, and career progression.
Did you know? Granify is backed by early investors in Facebook, Uber, Twitter, Airbnb, Paypal, Pinterest, Palantir and Yelp. Wouldn’t it have been great to get in at one of those companies as they were taking off...