Help us boldly shape retail in Canada
Canadian Tire Corporation’s (CTC) rich heritage of serving Canadians from coast-to-coast dates back to 1922. Our vision is to become the #1 retail brand in Canada and we are focused on innovating and making important investments in our business, especially when it comes to our people. To reach our goal, we need the best talent to help us evolve and drive change across the business – and boldly help shape Canada’s retail industry. As we strive to be at the forefront of a complex and vastly changing retail industry, it is an exciting time to join the Canadian Tire family of companies.
The CTC Customer Data Science & Analytics team at Canadian Tire designs, develops and automates customer centric data models and reporting capabilities. These enable and power customer-focused analytical solutions that add business value. The team utilizes the latest data technologies and advanced analytical techniques to build data products and services that are embed within the fabric of the business.
As data scientist you will be responsible for creating data science products to empower organization with the tools to offer best in class personalized customer experiences. You will partner with business stakeholders to quickly understand business problems, developing solutions and insights that contribute tangible business value.
What you’ll do
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding
- Distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Work with complex and evolving systems and data
- Manage changing/conflicting priorities and make effective decisions quickly
- Adapt to rapid and continuous change
- Serve up data and insights in clear, concise, compelling visualizations
- Identify opportunities
- Conduct analysis and investigation
- Develop options and present recommendations to various stakeholders of the organization to drive and support change in a continuously evolving environment
- Identify areas where changes to a Modeling approach can improve business processes
- Lead discussions with Business Users and other team members to determine/clarify Business Rules that will define future state business solutions
- Design, plan, model, and build data pipelines and data visualizations
- Plan and execute testing of model and system changes
- Provide on-going client support and ad-hoc analysis as required
What you bring
- University or College education in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or Business/Commerce with relevant technical experience
- Demonstrated understanding of application of statistical methods in a business environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience working in a project-oriented environment is an asset
- Experience working in a merchandising/retailing organization is an asset
- Experience working with SQL (Python, PySpark is an asset)
- Experience working in Cloud computing and Hadoop technologies
- Understanding and interest in advanced analytics concepts including Machine Learning
- Keen interest in technology and demonstrated ability to learn quickly and independently is a must
- Knowledge of KNIME, R is an asset
- Experience working with a relational database is an asset
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, PowerBI, Outlook)
- Experience working with large and complex datasets is an asset
- Well developed analytical skills and proactive problem solving skills
- Provides a positive influence and excels in a self directed team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to accept/action constructive feedback
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- High tolerance for ambiguity and change
- Customer oriented, focused on achieving project objectives and customer satisfaction.
About Canadian Tire Corporation
Canadian Tire and its family of companies are boldly shaping retail in Canada and we continue to deliver a positive experience for our customers. As one of the most trusted brands in Canada, our employees take pride in the work we do across the country. It’s more than the iconic triangle that keeps our employees around. From benefits and perks, to learning and development opportunities, to our commitment to Jumpstart – these are some of the many reasons why Canadian Tire Corporation is one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies .
To learn more about this team and the Canadian Tire family of companies follow us on LinkedIn .