OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
Senior Principle Data Scientist
OpenText helps to tackle the most complex digital transformation programs with confidence. With the world’s most complete and integrated Information Management platform, we empower our customers to organize, integrate and protect data and content as it flows through business processes inside and outside their organization. The diversity and strength of our workforce are fundamental to our success in defining and enabling the digital future. People are our greatest asset, and we strive to attract and retain the best talent the industry offers.
As a Data Scientist, you will help shape the future of OpenText's market-leading eDiscovery solutions. You will work cross-functionally with product managers, engineers, and business experts to help OpenText develop algorithms, models, processes, and visualizations to solve problems, provide input into driving business, and quality improvement with advanced analytics. Dive deep into vast repositories of structured, unstructured, and streaming data to find the input for models. You will quickly become an expert and ingrained in one of our key business and domain, Legal Tech.
As a data scientist, you will…
- Extract data from various data sources; performs exploratory data analysis, cleanses, massages, and aggregates data
- Determine analytics approach to solve business problems; incorporates machine learning algorithms where appropriate. The solution isn’t always machine learning, but better process or interaction design. Candidate should be able to understand tradeoffs and use the right approach in the right situation.
- Assist technical and non-technical stakeholders in how to leverage and interpret the analysis
What we're looking for...
- Education: PhD with concentration in quantitative discipline - Stats, Math, Comp Sci, Engineering, or similar discipline
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience analyzing data in a complex data environment to solve real world problems on large scale data with proven ability to apply scientific methods to solve real-world problems on web-scale data
- Strong background working with predictive and statistical modeling, and machine learning. Human-computer interaction a plus.
- Experience building complex data sets from multiple data sources
- Strong SQL, database, and ETL skills required including cleaning and managing data
- Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes
- Ability to educate others on statistical / machine learning methods
- Self-starter, attention to details and results orientated, able to work under minimal guidance
- Proficient in communicating effectively with both technical and nontechnical stakeholders
Join us and be part of something bigger. Apply today!
While OpenText is an Equal Opportunity Employer, our efforts to build an inclusive work environment go beyond simply complying with applicable laws. Our Employment Equity and Diversity Policy provides direction on maintaining a working environment that is inclusive of everyone, regardless of culture, national origin, race, color, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, family status, age, veteran status, disability, religion, or other basis protected by applicable laws. Should you require accommodations during the selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.