Hey, we’re Article. We’re a digital-first furniture brand that’s working to make everyday living better by providing an easy way for people to furnish their space. We don’t have brick and mortar stores, so we’re able to deliver better value on beautiful, modern furniture. Recently named one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies for the second year in a row, we’re on the hunt for talented, enthusiastic team members to join us at our headquarters in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia.
We’re looking for a Data Analyst Co-Op to help produce data-driven decision-making across the business. You will be responsible for creating rich visualizations, deploying well-documented data models, and producing reports that will inform key decisions for your business partners. A successful Analyst Co-Op will use SQL, R, Python, and their strong communication skills to ensure the needs of their business counterparts are being met. You will serve as a data consultant for Business Analysts working on reports for their respective teams at Article.
- You will be able to produce charts, dashboards, and written reports for teams throughout Article with limited supervision
- You will collaborate with business domains to suggest solutions for their data needs
- You will query and manipulate data from several sources using SQL, and a limited amount of R or Python
- You will disseminate the reports and dashboards you have created to other Article teams that can make use of them
- You will assist with the documentation of Article’s data
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- Currently working on a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science, Economics, or a related field
- Proficiency in basic SQL for data manipulation
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Experience with producing charts or dashboards in an academic or professional setting
- Experience with R or Python is a plus
At Article, we believe in an “Ownership Mindset” where you’ll be given autonomy and the ability to own your work. Beyond a competitive salary:
- We reward that ownership mindset, so we offer stock options after one year of employment
- With our fast growth, we have a culture of curiosity, where learning happens on the fly — and while having a lot of fun
- 25% discount on our products so you can experience first-hand why our customers love Article
- You would get paid time off and sick days to use as a co-op student at Article
- Your choice of state-of-the-art laptops with the tech and tools to easily collaborate
Most HQ employees are working from home due to COVID-19. When it’s safe to return to the office, we have flexible solutions if you want to be in the office a lot, sometimes, or not at all.
When our office is safe to reopen, you’ll love that:
- The Article HQ is a converted warehouse with in-house photo studios, an airy open layout, an open kitchen filled with snacks, premium coffees and teas (and ALL the milks).
- A dog-friendly office. We love our dog friends here at Article. If you have a well-behaved, well-socialized pup, we’d love to have them in the office too.
- Onsite fitness equipment, change rooms (including towel service!) and bike storage
- Regular extra-curricular activities, such as socials, open-mics, picnics... even cross-country skiing! For now, we've replaced them with creative virtual events for the time being - like virtual trivia night or a cooking class through Zoom!
Ready to become a Particle? Apply today. We're excited to meet you
Article is the easiest way to create a beautiful modern space.
Article started with a desire to improve efficiency and make furniture less expensive for everyone. In 2014 we had 4 employees; now we have over 1300 and have been growing rapidly.
Our head office is based in Vancouver, Canada, an office in Ho Chi Minh City, and warehouses in Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Jacksonville, Austin, Dallas, Portland, Houston, Charlotte, Miami, Chicago, Nashville, Denver, Baltimore, Toronto, Boston, and New Jersey.