At Direct Line Group, insurance is just the start. Combining decades of industry experience with talented people in every field from data, technology, customer care and auto repair, to HR, finance, and procurement, we’re a customer-obsessed market powerhouse. And we all work together to be brilliant for customers, every single day.
Our Group Internal Audit function is the central office of impartial accountability. Delving deep into our operations and how we serve our customers, they navigate complex landscapes to ensure compliance and ethical standards, playing a vital role in maintaining the trust our customers and stakeholders place in us. Continuously evolving methods of safeguarding our organisation, they ensure that our commitment to excellence is unwavering.The Role:
Reporting to our Head of CoE, this role offers a unique opportunity to leverage advanced data analytics, contribute to risk management, enhance audit processes, and drive informed decision-making.
At Direct Line Group, we believe in the power of data-driven decision-making.
Join our Audit team and play a pivotal role in ensuring regulatory compliance, identifying opportunities for improvement, and contributing to the overall success of the Group.What You’ll be Doing:
What We’re Looking For:
- Utilise advanced data analytics for complex insurance data analysis, identifying patterns, trends, and anomalies.
- Assist in assessing risks in insurance operations, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and internal policies.
- Collaborate on data-driven audit plans, focusing on data-intensive areas, and participate in their execution.
- Implement data quality checks and validations, making recommendations for data improvements.
- Prepare comprehensive reports based on data analysis, highlighting key findings, risks, and opportunities for audit recommendations.
- Communicate technical findings to non-technical stakeholders with clear explanations and actionable insights.
- Share expertise and best practices, fostering a culture of data-driven decision-making and continuous learning within Group Audit.
- Collaborate with the Data Tribe and other functions, leveraging synergies and sharing best practices.
Data Analysis expertise is essential for this role. You’ll need it in order to effectively interpret data – drawing meaningful insights and making informed decisions. You’ll also understand the importance of the accuracy and reliability of data when it comes to making sound business decisions based on trustworthy information.
You’ll have knowledge of audit methodologies and will be able to integrate data analytics into our audit process to support the team in achieving their objectives.
Conveying technical findings to non-technical stakeholders will be an important part of your role, so good communication skills are vital.
If you're passionate about the transformative power of data analytics in the audit space, apply to be part of our innovative team.Lets see where your ideas take us.
Ways of Working
Our mixed model way of working offers a 'best of both worlds' approach combining the best parts of home and office-working, offering flexibility for everyone. How much you'll be in the office depends on your role, and we'll consider the flexible working options that work best for you.
Read our flexible working approach here .Benefits
We recognise we wouldn't be where we are today without our colleagues, that's why we offer excellent benefits designed to suit your lifestyle:
- Generous 9% employer pension. Regardless of whether you contribute into your pension or not, DLG pay 9% into your pension (but you can take this as cash if you want!)
- Eligibility for annual performance bonus of up to 10%
- Generous holidays, starting at 25 days and going up to 28 days per year. Plus, the option of buying or selling upto 5 days each year!
- 50% off home, motor and pet insurance
- Free travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover
- Electric Vehicle car scheme which allows all colleagues to lease a brand new electric or plug-in hybrid car in a tax efficient way
- Buy-as-you-earn share scheme
- Employee discounts and cashback
Direct Line Group is an equal opportunity employer, and we think diversity of background and thinking is a big strength in our people. We're delighted to feature as one of the UK's Top 50 Inclusive Employers and are committed to making our business an inclusive place to work, where everyone can be themselves and succeed in their careers.
We know you're more than a CV, and the things that make you, you, are what bring potential to our business. We recognise and embrace people that work in different ways so if you need any adjustments to our recruitment process, please speak to the recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Collectively we help every business within our group aim higher. Standing shoulder-to-shoulder to stand out in the market, we want to be an insurance company of the future. And with so many areas to choose from, your ambitions are welcome here. See your opportunity to start a career that’s varied, distinct and exciting. Visit directlinegroupcareers.com
Together we’re one of a kind.