The primary purpose of this role is to provide advanced analytical capabilities to support data science initiatives. This position gains experience in various areas including, but not limited to: predictive modeling; personalization and recommendation algorithms; natural language processing and text mining; search recall, precision, ranking, and related problems; optimization and mathematical programming with applications in labor scheduling, inventory and capacity planning, network flows, and supply chain optimization.
- Mines and extracts data and applies statistics and algorithms necessary to derive insights for Lowe's and Lowe's Digital.
- Supports the generation of an automated insights generation framework for Lowe's business partners to effectively interpret data.
- Provides actionable insights through data science on Personalization, Search & Navigation, SEO & Promotions, Supply Chain, Services, other company priorities, etc.
- Tracks success of Lowe's through the development of dashboard reports that measure financial results, customer satisfaction, and engagement metrics.
- Conducts deep statistical analysis, including predictive and prescriptive modeling in order to provide a competitive advantage at Lowe's.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge on industry trends, emerging technologies, and new methodologies and applies it to projects as well as using it to guide team members.
- Serves as a leading member on automation and analytical projects, collaborating across functions in Lowe's and Lowe's Digital.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Physics, Economics, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, or related quantitative analytic field AND 1-3 years’ experience analytic maturity, with knowledge of SQL and various statistical modeling or machine learning techniques
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Physics, Economics, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, or related quantitative analytic field AND 0-1 years’ experience analytic maturity, with knowledge of SQL and various statistical modeling or machine learning techniques
- 2+ years data science or advanced analytics experience in industry
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates.
Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.