Senior Data Engineer
Job Location: Chicago, IL
Join our team
Centric Consulting is not the typical consulting company. We live our core values and bring them with us in all we do for our clients and community. Our core purpose is simple: every day we strive to provide unmatched customer and employee experiences and foster a culture of respect, diversity, and transparency. It’s this culture, our people, and delivery that come together to make Centric a trusted advisor to local businesses.
Our Chicago business unit is part of a larger group of business and technology experts at the company, but we add a lot of individual expertise and personality to our work. We care about positively influencing the people around us. To help accomplish this, we connect local leaders and encourage knowledge sharing. We’re looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our growing team.
A successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
- 7-10 years of experience in data transformation and extraction: some combination of ETL/ELT including auditing and quality control, table and database design, query design, performance analysis and optimization
- Senior-level design and architecture experience in data transformation. Personal responsibility for data engineering design
- Significant experience with Informatica Integration strongly preferred; extensive experience with related tech (SSIS/ADF, Talend, Pentaho, etc.)
- Significant experience with one of more data-preparation tools (Alteryx, Paxata, Catalytic) and/or capabilities (DataBricks, Python, Azure Functions) strongly preferred
- Experience managing and mentoring data engineering teams preferred
- Experience working with offshore engineering and QA teams preferred
What makes Centric different?
- Special Culture – Our people make us different. We have highly talented, intelligent individuals across a broad variety of disciplines – who are eager to learn from you and share their own expertise. We embrace fresh perspectives and each other. Don’t take our word for it – check us out on Glassdoor, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to get a glimpse inside what makes us different.
- Growth opportunities – As a mid-size firm, there is more flexibility when it comes to career paths. Figure out what you want to do and we'll help you figure out how to get there.
- Impact – We think of ourselves as a big company with a small company feel – a local player with global reach that combines business, technology and industry expertise.
- Unmatched Experiences – We are allowed to be ourselves here. We are encouraged to be human. It’s at the root of who we are as a firm and why we’re here.
- Innovation – We value passion, determination, perseverance, and innovation. We are inspired because we believe in what we are doing and where we are going.
- Passion for the greater good – We are steadfast in our devotion to the communities we serve and in actively promoting employee involvement in community improvement projects.
Centric believes the best solutions come from diverse teams. We strive to have an environment where everyone has an opportunity to be successful regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.