Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales. Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities. Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
What you'll do...About Team:
Everyone has data, but the sheer volume of data at Walmart can be limitless. In the Data Engineering team, we help Walmart manage this data by building pipelines and data lakes to prepare big data for analysis and unlocking actionable insights in real-time. We also use cross-departmental data and machine learning to build a holistic view of true profitability, saving millions of dollars across item categories and geographies while assisting our leadership in making better decisions faster.What you'll do:
What you'll bring:
- Tech. Problem Formulation and understanding Business Context
- Data Source Identification Requires knowledge of: Functional business domain and scenarios; Categories of data and where it is held; Business data requirements; Database technologies and distributed datastores (e.g. SQL, NoSQL); Data Quality; Existing business systems and processes, including the key drivers and measures of success. To understand the appropriate data set required to develop simple models by developing initial drafts. Supports the identification of the most suitable source for data. Maintains awareness of data quality.
- Data Transformation and Integration Requires knowledge of: Internal and external data sources including how they are collected, where and how they are stored, and interrelationships, both within and external to the organization; Techniques like ETL batch processing, streaming ingestion, scrapers, API and crawlers; Data warehousing service for structured and semi-structured data, or to MPP databases such as Snowflake, Microsoft Azure, Presto or Google BigQuery; Pre-processing techniques such as transformation, integration, normalization, feature extraction, to identify and apply appropriate methods; Techniques such as decision trees, advanced regression techniques such as LASSO methods, random forests etc; Cloud and big data environments like EDO2 systems. To identify and understand suitable extraction software. Reviews data from a quality perspective based on the guidelines given. Supports data processing.
- Data Modeling Requires knowledge of: Cloud data strategy, data warehouse, data lake, and enterprise big data platforms; Data modeling techniques and tools (For example, Dimensional design and scalability), Entity Relationship diagrams, Erwin, etc. ; Query languages SQL / NoSQL; Data flows through the different systems; Tools supporting automated data loads; Artificial Intelligent - enabled metadata management tools and techniques. To profile and analyze source system data to determine data relationships, design constructs, consistency, and quality. Integrates data into existing physical data models. Defines the relational tables, primary and foreign keys, and stored procedures to create a data model structure. Identifies data entities and describes their relationships as a model. Builds a basic physical schema and objects based on a provided logical model. Creates proofs of concept to support design patterns.
- Code Development and Testing Requires knowledge of: Coding languages like SQL, Java, Scala, Python and others; Testing methods such as static, dynamic, software composition analysis, manual penetration testing and others; Business, domain understanding. To write code to develop the required solution and application features by using the recommended programming language and leveraging business, technical, and data requirements. Test the code using the recommended testing approach.
About Walmart Global Tech
- Experience in Java/Scala/Python.
- Knowledge in SQL and basic query optimization
- Working knowledge of databases (RDBMS/NoSQL) like MySQL, Mongo etc
- Basic understanding of Spark and Distributed computing frameworks (nice to have)
- Understanding in programming design patterns.
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world’s leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work:
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.Benefits:
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications:Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field. Option 2: 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field. Option 3: Master's degree in Computer Science.Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
4,5,6, 7 Floor, Building 10, SEZ, Cessna Business Park, Kadubeesanahalli Village, Varthur Hobli , India R-1719613