- Melbourne-based role (Remote interviews now)
- Advanced Analytics team - consult across different data projects
- Amazing talented peers, huge data, interesting / challenging problems!
We are seeking a Senior Data Analyst / Data Analyst for one of the best analytics and data teams in Australia. In this role, you will get to work with leading data scientists, data engineers, machine learning specialists and other peers to deliver data projects that will have a huge business impact for one of the top 10 ASX-listed companies! If you are pursuing a career in data science or analytics leadership, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
This team has access to a wealth of data (more than half of the Australian population as customers) and are working to use data to drive better customer experiences, products and business outcomes. We see this role suiting someone with very solid data and analytics foundations and excellent soft skills dealing with business stakeholders, executive managers and non-technical teams.Experience and skills required;
Why is this role perfect for you?
- A minimum of 3-4 years of experience in an analytics or insights role
- Strong skills using SQL and some data visualisation skills using Tableau or PowerBI
- Excellent communication skills. Not just presenting to very senior stakeholders, but also in how you adjust your style depending on the audience and how you adapt to build out and convey insights to your key stakeholders
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in a field such as; Statistics, Maths, Computer Science, Actuarial Studies, Econometrics, Engineering or similar
- Autonomy and the ability to motivate yourself and work both independently or in a collaborative team
- Any statistical modelling or machine learning knowledge or experience is a plus
- If you are a fast-learner, there will be ample resources, dedicated time and mentors on both the technical and leadership sides
- Career paths - you could go down the technical data science track or more into consulting, project and product management!
- Amazing data and a company that wants to actually use ML and advanced analytics
- Excellent work-life balance, friendly peers, top-notch talent beside you in projects
- Big data and a focus on building production-grade ML solutions that have positive impact for customers and business.
We are already interviewing - so if you are interested, please apply ASAP with your CV or profile or cover letter and we will arrange a more in-depth chat with any shortlisted applicants.
Please note, we require full-Australian work rights and this is not a graduate or junior role.