Technical Data Engineer - (220001KQ)
Bank of Singapore is currently looking for a qualified candidate to assist the Data Engineering Team’s operational and analytical needs. The Technical Data Enginer will work alongside Data Analytics and big data platform (Hadoop) and engineering team to provide data related support, data ingestion, data interface for unstructured/structred data, data analytics and data management. This person will also assist in building interfaces from various upstream systems and ingest the data into Micrsoft SQL server 2019 / Cloudera Hadoop data store and build the enterprise visulasation tool. This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in innovative group with the possibility of tremendous career development in data engineering, big data management, data analytics and enterprise data visulsaisation tool.
A little more about this role:
As our Technical Data Enginer, you will be instrumental in big data coding and work in Hadoop-ecosystem. This is a brand-new position at Data Competency vertical.
- Perform extensive unstructured data ingestion into Hadoop
- StronG knowledge of Anaconda, Data visualisation BI tool, Python, SPARK, Java Scala, HIVE and Beeline with hands on experience
- Ability to organize and lead meetings with business and operational data owners
- Experience in integrating data processes with architecture requirements used across company
- Understand Hadoop-ecosystem and Data Engineering activities as well as loading data from several disparate datasets and documentation
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and resolve data issues
- Analytical skill to perform data profiling and data visulization
- Experience in Agile and Waterfall frameworkWork
- Work closely with engineering and operations to document business processes
- Work independently and with team members to understand database structure and business processes
- Help form data management and governance processes within the data engineering team
What you’ll need to have:
- Graduate degree in statistics, math, computer science, physics or other technical related fields; Master’s degree is preferred
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in technical data analysis, data science, or data warehousing with proven business analysis experience
- Experience in at least one or more languages: SPARK, Java Scala,Python
- Experience writing Java Scala, Python
- Experience with Hadoop
- Hands on expierence or knowledge of minimum one mainstream cloud infrastructures:AWS,MS Azure and GCP; ablity to implement data lake.
- Good to have Hands-on experienceon the Hadoop, MangoDB,SPARK, Scala, HIVE, Kafka ,Beelin…etc
- Excellent communication skills
- Passionate about data and analyzing business needs
- Previous experience on a data team in an agile environment preferred
- Hands-on experience on the Hadoop ecosystem, HDFS, Hadoop, Spark, Scala preferred
- Develop in-depth plans and major milestones that must be approved by top management during the planning and design phases of the project.
Primary Location: Singapore
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Group Operations & Technology Division
Job Posting: 20-Jul-2022, 2:02:21 AM