Job Title: Data EngineerLocation: Melbourne
- Work in an agile way to innovate and deliver quality outcomes at pace
- Join a progressive organisation with the people and policies you want
- Work in a team that fosters a culture that encourages the use of creative and innovative problem solving techniques
At ANZ our purpose is to shape a world where people and communities thrive and to achieve this, we need a talented Data Engineer to join our Responsible Banking team.
As a Data Engineer ,
you will be responsible for understanding the needs of Customer Remediation and how that will impact the design and development of enablement solutions. You will Independently drive change through to production to support Customer Remediation solutions, as necessary.
A key element of this will be driving the data engineering agenda within the squad, ensuring delivery of best practice end-to-end data engineering while respecting ANZ architecture standards. You will Source, stitch and curate large volumes of data from multiple sources across multiple technologies; continually validating to ensure fit-for-purposeWhat a typical day might look like
What will likely be in your toolkit?
- Working in an agile framework with a team of Data Engineers to deliver data solutions for our transformation
- Drive continuous improvements of the system, development practice and processes
- Review all deliverables to ensure quality and conformance to standards.
- Extraction of data and understanding of how to leverage the data to create value and respond to customer requirements for information.
- Educate and upskill chapter members on best-practice data engineering principles, standards and methods
- Assist the business in bringing new data sets together in order to facilitate impact analysis
- E xperience in working with Hadoop ecosystem/EMR and Spark
- Experience transforming data from Oracle and Teradata databases
- Several years’ development experience in at least one of these programming languages: Python, Java, Scala
- Strong SQL skills
- Strong analytical and data cleansing skills
- Has experience on distributed system design;
- Solid understanding of end-to-end behaviour of enterprise applications, from front end through to database, authentication and access control;
- Expert-level understanding of data, entity relationships
- Experience in working with NoSQL databases (eg. Hbase)
- Data-based experience in the financial industry would be highly regarded.
- Experienced with tools such as Bitbucket, JIRA, Confluence and test driven methodologies.
You’re not expected to have 100% of these skills. At ANZ a growth mindset is at the heart of our culture and we actively encourage people to try new things. So if this role interests you and you feel you have most of these things in your toolbox, we’d love to hear from you.About ANZ
We’re reinventing the way we do banking, and our community of collaborative, innovative thinkers who create human centred solutions are helping us get there. We’re responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter and helping people achieve incredible things – be it buying their home, building a business or saving for things big or small.
We support our people by providing a range of flexible working options so they can work in the way that best suits them. We encourage you to talk to us about your need for flexibility and any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself.
We’ll also offer you the opportunity to develop your career, working in a diverse and inclusive workplace where the different backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people are celebrated and create a great place to grow, thrive and belong.
Interested in joining us? Click Apply now or visit www.anz.com/carerrs to find out more or view other opportunities.
Reference number AUS116718