We’re Cleerly – a healthcare company based in Denver, Colorado and New York, New York that’s revolutionizing how heart disease is diagnosed, treated, and tracked. We were founded in 2017 by one of the world’s leading cardiologists and are a growing team of world-class engineering, operations, medical affairs, marketing, and sales leaders. We raised $223M in Series C funding in 2022 which will enable rapid growth and continued support of our mission.
Cleerly is creating a new standard of care for heart disease through value-based, AI-driven precision diagnostic solutions with the goal of helping prevent heart attacks. Our technology goes beyond traditional measures of heart disease by enabling comprehensive quantification and characterization of atherosclerosis, or plaque buildup, in each of the heart arteries. Cleerly’s solutions are supported by more than a decade of performing some of the world’s largest clinical trials to identify important findings beyond symptoms that increase a person’s risk of heart attacks.
About The Opportunity
As a Data scientist, you will be working on analyzing, developing, and translating state-of-the-art machine learning models to generate direct impacts on the care pathway of heart disease diagnosis and prognosis. You’ll be working with other data scientists, data engineers, biostatisticians, regulatory team members, and senior leadership to understand clinical requirements, develop novel solutions, and support product release and regulatory activities. You will also work closely with the world’s renowned research labs on research collaborations.
*Total Target Compensation (TTC): Total Cash Compensation (including base pay, variable pay, commission, bonuses, etc.)
- Researching and developing prototypes of state-of-the-art machine learning models with applications in coronary CT angiography imaging
- Conducting analyses of the algorithms and prototypes being researched and developed
- Researching new methods of measuring and analyzing large and highly complicated data sets
- Working with engineers to deploy machine learning algorithms in clinical practice
- Presenting findings and recommendations to peers and other stakeholders
- Preparing patents and publications
- Managing collaborative research projects with key academic partners
- The position requires a minimum of a Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Biomedical Engineering, Biomedical Imaging, or a related technical field or a MS degree with 4 years of relevant experience
- Strong theoretical and practical background in image science, applied mathematics, machine learning, and deep learning
- Research experience in applying machine learning / deep learning in medical imaging processing, i.e. segmentation, registration, classification, reconstruction, detection, etc.
- Strong track record of publications in top medical imaging or computer vision journals/conferences, i.e. Medical Image Analysis, MICCAI, IEEE TMI, CVPR, etc.
- Strong skills in Python to access large amounts of data, execute multiple analysis steps, visualize intermediate and final results
- Ability to quickly translate clinical application requirements into machine learning solutions
- Demonstrated critical thinking and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
Impress us more…
- 2+ years of postdoctoral experience
- Experience in developing and applying state-of-the-art deep learning models, e.g. vision transformer, LSTM, semi-supervised machine learning, incremental or continuous learning techniques, etc.
- Strong knowledge of CT imaging
OUR CORE VALUES:
- We strive to earn trust.
- We value and seek out differences.
- We obsess over client success.
- Our curiosity sparks change.
Why you should apply:
- PURPOSE: Cleerly’s purpose is to create a world without heart attacks. With our new paradigm for precision heart care, we will leave big footprints in the sands of time. Help us make that a reality!
- GROWTH: We prioritize learning and growth. As a rapid growth company, there is always space for new challenges and responsibilities.
- OWNERSHIP: Everyone on the team contributes to our success, so everyone has equity in the company through our employee stock option incentive plan.
- BENEFITS: Cleerly offers a variety of medical, dental, and vision plans, designed to fit you and your family’s needs. Along with stock options and a 401(k) match program that helps you invest in the future, Cleerly also offers company wide holidays, a winter break, as well as a self-managed PTO policy. Additional benefits include, wellness, home office and learning & development stipends and parental leave benefits for new parents.
Don’t meet 100 percent of the qualifications? Apply anyway and help us diversify our candidate pool and workforce. We value experience, whether gained formally or informally on the job or through other experiences.
OUR COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Job duties, activities and responsibilities are subject to change by our company.