MLC Life Insurance. We have been protecting Australians for over 130 years. We respect the role we play in providing peace of mind for our customers, and we never lose sight of it.
MLC Life Insurance is one of Australia's leading life insurance specialists and a member of the Nippon Life Insurance Group, one of the world's leading insurers. We are guided by our simple purpose: 'A Promise for Life'. We provide almost 1.2 million Australians with reassurance that they and their loved ones will be supported when they need it most. It's a promise that provides peace of mind and helps them sleep at night.
Our purpose is supported by Our Values of Do What's Right, Deliver Together, Make it Simple, Own it and Aim High. It's how we work together and behave every day in every interaction with our customers, partners and each other that defines who we are.
Our strategy puts our customers at the centre of our ambition to be Australia's leading and most trusted life insurer. It is through the commitment, energy and talent of everyone at MLC Life Insurance, working together, that we make a positive contribution to the lives of our customers. To support all of us to be at their best every day, we offer a flexible, hybrid work environment centred on development, wellbeing, recognition and contribution.
With more than 1500 people nationally, we believe our success is built on the unique contribution of our people. Diversity and Inclusion is core to what we believe in and who we are. We aspire for everyone at MLC Life Insurance to feel valued and respected for who they are.
We have a exciting opportunity to join our Actuarial Services function as an Actuarial Systems Consultant.
This role allows you to bring your data and programming skills to work on some key critical projects and be exposed to all things Actuarial data modelling and systems.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining a modern actuarial systems infrastructure from input file creation, through calculations and analysis, to storage of output to enable the actuarial team to focus on generating insights and partnering with business to determine appropriate management actions.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing, maintaining, and operating the cash-flows and reserves projection models using Prophet applications suite (including PP, PE, IDR, EAS)
- Developing and maintaining the processes responsible for the creation of data inputs to the model (Model Points Files) using VB.Net and SQL. Liaise with the D&A (Data and Analytics) team to ensure the smooth operation of those processes.
- Performing the above responsibilities to support both finance and actuarial in the implementation of AASB17. This includes the end-to-end delivery of AASB17 related financial metrics and disclosures as well as EV, Capital and Business Plan.
- Liaising with the Actuarial Analytics team to develop, enhance and automate the Experience Investigation processes.
- Providing innovative ideas and solutions to further automate existing processes to progress towards our ambitious actuarial ecosystem target state using PowerShell and VB.Net.
- Taking part in a vast project to build a modern EDW (enterprise data warehouse) by liaising with the D&A team and making sure that actuarial requirements are met.
- Developing and maintaining a suite of internal applications designed to productionize month-end processes and ad-hoc analysis., using Excel/VBA, VB.Net, SQL and Python.
- Perform coding changes to applications leveraging our robust version control systems using Atlassian suite of applications (Confluence, Jira, Bitbucket and Bamboo).
- Supporting the actuarial reporting team through the month-end processes.
- Supporting the pricing team when required to leverage the prophet model for exercises such as the launch of a new product, or repricing.
- Degree in IT, Actuarial or similar
- Previous experience in a Data Analyst/ Coding/Developer type role within the Financial Services industry.
- Experience and a keen interest in programming with a wide range of tools and programming languages.
- Knowledge and/or expertise in the suite of applications used, including Prophet, VB.Net, SQL, PowerShell, Atlassian developer suite (Git/Bitbucket, Bamboo), Python and Excel/VBA.
Why Choose Us?
At MLC Life Insurance, you will have the opportunity to:
- enjoy flexible, hybrid work options and an inclusive environment where everyone is respected and valued for who they are and their unique contribution
- embrace a culture of customer centricity and an ambition to be Australia's leading, most trusted Life Insurer
- access a range of benefits including competitive salary, lifestyle leave, two days volunteer leave every year, recognition of service milestones; and
- wellness and lifestyle offerings including access to Uprise - our Digital Wellbeing Program, as well as discounts on a variety of lifestyle and entertainment products and services.
Should an applicant be the preferred candidate, background checks (including Federal Police Checks, Employment checks, ASIC banned and disqualified persons and Bankruptcy checks) will be completed prior to the candidate's employment being confirmed. The outcomes of the background checks do not automatically bar candidates, however they will be assessed against the inherent requirements of the position.