Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
A data scientist is a specialist who applies its expertise in statistics and building machine learning models to make predictions and answer key business questions. They focus on understanding, cleaning and analysing data from the past and present perspectives and producing reliable predictions for the future.
- Undertakes analytical activities and delivers analysis outputs, in accordance with customer needs and conforming to agreed standards.
Data modelling and design
- Applies data analysis, design, and modelling techniques to establish, modify or maintain a data structure and its associated components (entity descriptions, relationship descriptions, attribute definitions).
- Applies a of variety visualization techniques and designs the content and appearance of data visuals.
- Operationalizes and automates activities for efficient and timely production of data visuals.
- Selects appropriate visualization approach from a range of applicable options.
- Contributes to exploration and experimentation in data visualization.
- Designs, codes, verifies, tests, documents, amends and refactors simple programs/scripts.
- Applies agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well-engineered result. Reviews own work.
- Global IT
- Respective business function (GOPS, Finance, HR, Brand Marketing, Wholesale/Retail)
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Four-year college or university degree with focus on Business Administration or IT or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient spoken and written command of English
- At least 3-year experience in IT
- 1 year of experience in relevant area