The Canadian Light Source Inc. (CLSI) is the national synchrotron research facility on the University of Saskatchewan campus in Saskatoon. This facility produces high-intensity synchrotron light, millions of times brighter than sunlight, to explore the nature and structure of molecules and serves national and international users from academia, industry, and government institutions. The CLS facilitates scientific research aimed at finding solutions for global challenges in agriculture, health, advanced materials, and the environment.
Reporting to the Systems Technology (ST) Manager, the successful candidate will be a key addition to the Systems Technology Business Services Team. The incumbent functions as a key resource for building organization-wide strategic and centralized reporting. You will work directly with subject matter experts to evaluate business processes, explore available data and identify organizational metrics.
- Design and maintain central datastores to supply data and reporting needs
- Build and maintain data automation pipelines
- Build, maintain and monitor internal dashboards for departments and managers
- Work with managers to identify and provide periodic (monthly, quarterly, yearly) summary reports
- Respond to ad hoc reporting and data requests from stakeholders
- Develop and foster relationships with business stakeholders to understand data meaning across the organization
- Identify and incorporate new sources of data into organizational data practices
- Deliver training in the use of data and reporting tools and interface with power users to build data fluency and collaborative reporting practices
- Write and maintain documentation of supported tools and data processes
- Identify and implement data collection methods to answer business problems
- Initiate and drive data projects, engaging with stakeholders to capture requirements and defining timelines and deliverables
- Collaborate with software developers on data architecture best practices.
- An undergraduate degree or certificate in a related field.
- Two to four years of related experience is required.
- Prior knowledge and experience in a Data Analyst role or equivalent DBA related experience.
Remuneration: Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. A comprehensive benefits package, including supplemental health & dental, life insurance, pension plan, and four weeks’ vacation is part of a competitive compensation package.
To Apply: Submit a resume along with references, in confidence, online at www.lightsource.ca/careers. Applications will be considered as of July 26, 2021, and will continue until the position is filled. While all applicants are thanked for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Canadian Light Source Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages members of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, people with disabilities, and visible minorities) to self-identify on their applications.