Here at Pex, we're on a mission to democratize digital rights for everyone.
We are the team behind the Attribution Engine, a licensing infrastructure for the Internet enabling fair compensation and increased access to content. With its advanced identification technology, Attribution Engine ensures compliance and safety for platforms, gives rightsholders total control of their content, increases access and confidence for creators, helps law enforcement prevent toxic content, and provides brand safety for advertisers.
Building the first solution capable of identifying, attributing, and licensing content in real-time, even before it’s published, is no small feat, so we’re looking for a new Senior ML Engineer to join us on our quest to bring freedom, fairness, and transparency to the Internet.
The Machine Learning (ML) team at Pex is a fully remote team made up of Data Scientists and Infrastructure Engineers that are working on some challenging technical problems, at scale. ML Engineers are responsible for the full R&D life cycle from collaborating on new research initiatives to working with our backend team to deploy machine learning systems.
Be responsible for the full research lifecycle from dataset creation to model testing and deployment for a component of our system
- Create optimal pipelines for dataset ingestion
- Build and train custom models
- Lead planning, design, and implementation of ML projects
- Mentor junior team members and participate in code reviews
- Give internal talks and contribute to deep dive discussions on projects and research papers
We have a lot of people who did not follow the traditional career path. We value people who are curious and collaborative and bring their unique perspectives to work each day. While we’re excited to learn what you can bring to the team, there are a few key things you’ll need that are essential to success in this role:
3+ years as a Data Scientist or ML Engineer
- Demonstrated experience leading projects, building end-to-end ML systems, and applying ML research to real-world projects
- Strong programming skills (preferably with Python, C++, or equivalent)
- Prior experience with TensorFlow, PyTorch, or Caffe
- Experience with loss functions
- Experience with GPU
- Experience working with large scale models (distributed model training, model compression)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a fully remote and distributed team
Go, Java, C/C++, Python
- CI/CD pipeline backed by Jenkins
- Docker, Kubernetes
Perks and Benefits:
Salary: $140,000 - $170,000 / year
- Equity, with perks like a 10-year exercise window
- Competitive health insurance (99% employee and 70% dependent premium coverage for US-based employees)
- 401(k) with considerable match for all US-based employees
- 30 days of paid time off + 9 paid holidays + the day off on your birthday
- Generous paid parental leave
- A fully remote working environment and supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance
Pex is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. Since Pex is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals, we strive to ensure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let us know when applying for a particular role in the “Additional Information” section.