We are currently looking for a Senior Data Analyst based in our U.S. headquarters in San Francisco, CA . In this role you will be responsible for converting advanced data sets into insights for better decision making in our Merchandise Planning and Inventory Management (MP-IM) department.
The MP-IM Senior Data Analyst will develop and publish regular Reports and Dashboards to cross functional teams within the department, educate them on self-service data accessibility and support the MP-IM Analytics Manager in modelling and Advanced Analytics Projects. The Senior Data Analyst will also be responsible for working with cross functional teams to identify business problems and blind-spots, and then develop new dashboards from scratch that will identify solutions, risks and opportunities. This role requires an in-depth understanding of the planning function coupled with exceptional analytical skills and is responsible for helping the team step up their Analytics capabilities.
- Optimize and standardize reporting through automation
- Publish on-time business performance planning analytics
- Provide reporting & data for cross-functional teams across pre-season and in-season
- Responsible to investigate and implement ways to streamline current reports and make outputs more insightful.
- Partner with Merchandising, Merchandise Planning, and Inventory Management leaders to understand in depth their needs and develop and deliver solutions that will drive strategic business decisions & actions or that will allow their teams to do their job more efficiently.
- Support the MP-IM Analytics Manager by working on data exploration and modelling for Advanced Analytics Projects.
- Partner with IT support team for all data and reporting issue by evaluating the problems and questions from business users and translating them into actionable guidelines for technical or analytical work.
- Bachelor's/Master’s degree in information technology/systems, computer science, engineering, statistics, business or finance.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in business analytics, retail environment is a plus
- Excellent attention to detail to interpret meaningful themes from quantitative data
- Problem Solving & Root Cause Analysis
- Strong project management ability
- Alteryx Designer (and Server), Tableau Desktop (and Server), Web intelligence (SAP/Webi), Power BI, SQL, statistical methods, advanced knowledge of Excel, MS Office applications
- Experience in database management, programming, and/or software development is a plus.
- Ability to write Python or R is a plus
- Possess a clear understanding of financial measurements and how to impact them
- Comfortable with ambiguity, frequent change, or unpredictability.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; drives for innovative approaches to meet objectives
- English fluent, written and spoken
- Ability to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad, diverse group of business partners, mainly the cross functional team
- Good listening, written and oral communication skills, reflecting an appropriate sense of urgency
- Ability to work in a global collaborative team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively, written and in presentation form as well as orally, with all levels of employees throughout the organization.
San Francisco, CA, USA
FULL TIME/PART TIME
Current LS&Co Employees, apply via your Workday account.