Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.About The Team
Be part of Workday’s Talent products organization and join our mission to help build phenomenal companies through great people. Talent is a product pillar where we deliver applications and services that enable organizations to hire, retain and unlock the maximum potential of their employees. In the Talent ML team we chip in to the success of the Pillar by relentlessly improving machine learning services, conducting experiments to help guide investments and gain valuable insights based on data from tens of millions of users.About The Role
We are working on a new scalable recommendation service and data processing pipelines and looking for a person with experience in delivering Machine Learning products end to end. As a technical leader on the team you will be encouraged to implement based practices in MLOps, design and implement ETL pipelines, recommendation services, experiments to improve services, algorithms and models. You will mentor junior engineers in all aspects of the Machine Learning Engineering domain.
- Define and implement best practices for MLOps on the team
- Contribute to the team’s roadmap in features development, data acquisition and processing, metrics, experimentation, data science.
- Guide Product Managers on their journey of adding ML capabilities to their applications
- Be responsible for the performance, scale and ongoing improvements the systems the team owns.
- Provide and receive PR feedback that helps you and your colleagues improve their practice and learn from each other
- Independently identify ML opportunities and propose solutions to leadership
- Own design documents for new ML components and enhancements to existing components
You should enjoy constant learning and capable of dealing with setbacks in a positive way, especially when your ideas get invalidated. You should have a burning desire getting to a clear answer to the “Why?” question for each of the projects. You should be willing to contribute to all layers of the ML feature development, all the way from data acquisition and clean up, model training to UX/UI flows. In short, if you enjoy working in a startup-like environment, then this opportunity is for you. You have to be able to get to the bottom of challenges, no matter what those challenges are. The challenges we face include, scalability and performance, features metrics, business hypothesis testing and analytical insights.
- Bachelor’s (graduate level is a plus) degree in engineering, computer science, physics, math or equivalent.
- Proven experience teaching, mentoring and leading through influence
- 7 of more years of experience delivering applied machine learning products, including taking a product through design, implementation, and to production
- 5 or more years of experience with Python (including NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, pySpark) and Linux
- Experience conducting A/B testing
- Experience with telling stories through data visualization
- Experience scaling data processing for large data sets.
Workday Pay Transparency Statement
- Resilience to obstacles, and ability to solve problems independently
- Experience building standard processes for software development, such as DevOps, MLOps, CI & CD.
- Product 1st mentality needed.
The annualized base salary ranges for the primary location and any additional locations are listed below. Workday pay ranges vary based on work location. As a part of the total compensation package, this role may be eligible for the Workday Bonus Plan or a role-specific commission/bonus, as well as annual refresh stock grants. Recruiters can share more detail during the hiring process. Each candidate’s compensation offer will be based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, geography, experience, skills, job duties, and business need, among other things. For more information regarding Workday’s comprehensive benefits, please click here.
Primary Location: CAN.BC.Vancouver
Primary CAN Base Pay Range: $144,400 - $216,600 CAD
Additional CAN Location(s) Base Pay Range: $144,400 - $216,600 CADOur Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we’re combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field
with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you'll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote home office roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!